My ex-wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ex-wife

Got a letter from my ex-wife today, via myspace, to inform me (as per her legal obligation) about her changing of address (cuz of "our" kid).

First of all, this is stupid. When she moved pretty much across the country, she never told me, and even tho the court documents said she had to notify me within 30 days, she was somehow allowed a slide on this. Now her change of address is like one town over from where she was and she feels the need to tell me?

The second thing that irritated me was the rather snide remarks about how me or my family haven't had contact with "my" son. Ummm...maybe that's because I'm not legally allowed to!?!?!?!? That's a what restraining order is, sweetheart! When you go before the judge and lie about me being abusive, that's what happens. It means I'm not allowed to be anywhere near you or "my" kid.

That means you don't get to complain when I don't take him on weekends or give you a break or send him a birthday card. Ummmm...why would I want to? Why would I want to go to jail just to say hello to "my" kid over the phone? Why would I want to get raped in the shower just to have the pleasure of my ex-wife hanging up on me?

Although she claims the order has expired, that doesn't mean anything. She could be lying to trick me. That shit actually flies in my state. She could say "Hey the order has expired you wanna see your kid?" And I could show up and then she'd be like "AHHH HE'S STALKING ME!"

Or she could just get a new one at any time. Where I live, we are SOOO advanced and enlightened that we have finally learned the truth - WOMEN NEVER EVER LIE. So glad that the people who govern me are that intelligent.

wow it's almost like she's taunting you.

Comment

Orders do expire. You could, I don't know, check with the courts on that. I mean, if you actually care about whether or not you get to see the kid as opposed to bitching about her. Not to say that she isn't a bitch. But you don't have to take her word for it.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Well, I did call the courts about a year ago to see what the situation was, and they said they had no record of there ever being an order out on me. That right there tells me they don't know what's going on. And if I did, on that information, decide to contact here and it turns out there WAS an order in effect, it doesn't absolve me from any crime in the courts eyes. I still go to jail. Even if it's just for an hour, and the judge later says "oh shit we messed up sorry" it's still unacceptable.

Plus it's just as easy for her to get a new one. The fact that I got this letter from her tells me she's still up to the same old shit. She'll have the cops after me just to prove that she can. She'll file another order and have the cops up my ass all over again just for her own personal amusement.

And all that for a kid who's probably not even mine? No fucking thanks.

Comment

If you're in doubt that the kid is really yours, couldn't you get a court order to have a paternity test done? That way, you know for sure.

If the kid is yours, then you can fight for your paternal rights if you really do want them. If you don't really want your paternal rights, then you could just as easily have them terminated so you can move on with your life.

If the kid is not yours, then you can document it so as to put an end to this mess and move on with your life.

Comment

Working...
          X