An Absolutely Amazing Discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Absolutely Amazing Discovery

Before I go off on the thing I most hate, I have to mention something I just found on this board. Honestly, I think it might be the most important discovery ever found in this entire forum.

You see, I noticed a hidden button this morning. I, like many others, had never seen it before. I decided I would click it, and see what would happen.

But, before I tell you what did happen, let me tell you what did not happen.
    • The universe did not implode into a new singularity, awaiting a subsequent explosion to give birth to a new universe.
    • The galaxy did not start spinning in the opposite direction, throwing all into chaos and wiping out any/all life that might be contained therein.
    • Our sun did not go supernova, incinerating the earth.
    • No new wars broke out.
    • No natural disasters were reported.
    • My computer did not catch on fire, or otherwise cease to function.

In fact, as far as I can tell, absolutely nothing negative happened.

What did happen?

I found myself on a page, just like I would be replying to a post. But... There was nothing to reply to. It was empty. I could put in a new title, and a new message. I could make it anything I wanted.

The power! The phenomenal power of it all! I could type anything, since I didn't have to reply to anybody, or stick to any topic! I giggled maniacally with laughter, and then began my plotting... Yes, soon, soon I would give voice to my own ideas, without regard for topic!

This was, and is, simply amazing. There's no other term for it. I hope you can all share in the joy, and the power. Let the maniac giggling commence!

Oh, that button... I suppose you want to know which button I clicked, don't you? Well, I won't tell you. It's my precious, and you nasty peopleses can'ts have it, no. My precious "New Thread" button.

*pets the precious while gazing lovingly at it*

------------------------------
    This post has been brought to you by the coalition to make new threads when going wildly off-topic. Founded by the person most guilty of not following the coalition's own mandate, and is therefore least likely to hold the presidency after the first election.

I've decided that the design in the upper right hand corner looks like an old man's hairy ear.

Kind of skeeves me out now....

Comment

Call me dense (In this case incredibly dense) but you're making fun of that particle thing right?
      "You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for journalism."

Comment

Damn, seems my sarcasm is lost. I'd say wit, but wit has to be understandable to *be* wit. Which means it can't have been that.

I was trying to get across to people to make a new thread rather than derailing existing ones.

Also pointing out that I'm as bad as others.

Comment

No, I got your sarcasm, and chose to be a turd and derail your thread right out of the gate

Comment

Bravo sir, well played.

Kinda funny side note: I didn't get your reference at all because I use the "Default Style" theme, and there is no design in the upper right hand corner. Had to switch to "fusion_x" to figure it out.

Comment

Speaking of fusion....

hehehe

But sometimes, what comes up is sort of related, though I do get that threads will go for pages completely OT, or at least as a sideline, and it can be ...'interesting' to throw a curveball which goes back to that topic. Sort of makes it look out of place...
              ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

Working...
              X