Web pages being unaccessable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web pages being unaccessable.

Has anyone has this happen to them? You type in a set of words in google to find specific information. After browsing through several pages, you finally find something that might answer the question. You can tell just by the small text displayed in the result. You click it, wait, and... it stalls. That infernal spinning circle of doom keeps spinning yet for one reason or another, your computer will not process the request. And it's specific to that one website, meaning that the one search result you need you can't access.

It's like a carrot on a stick that's just out of reach. Especially when you know the website exists and have even read part of what you need answered, but just cannot get the computer to process such a simple request. I don't know if the website doesn't exist anymore, or the computer is just being a dick (probably the later, fuckin' mcaffee), but what ever it is, it's frusturating.

Link rot, just cos its in googles cache giving you a brief paragraph, doesn't mean it is still available, same for image search, thumbnails are there yet blank page abound on clicking it.

perhaps the url has been mirrored at sites like archive.org

Comment

I have the problem of having unaccessable web pages all the time. Though that's more due to the filters/firewalls on this computer. Like I can access Fratching on here, but not CS.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I hit one of the Internet archive sites when I reach a site that is no longer active but seems to have data I desire. I've had to do that a few times. Thankfully, text is the one thing that always gets saved.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
        X