Facebook - Recording TMI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook - Recording TMI

I have never been so naive as to think that facebook didn't keep records, but the extent of the records they keep is down right fucking scary and disturbing with facebook chat. with the new feature, I clicked on a few people I havn't talked to in a literal year or more, and they had conversations from the chat pop up.... excuse me, after I closed the browser a year ago the convos disappeared..... to now resurface.

I think I'm gonna look around settings to wipe these because no that I talked about anything bad, I don't like that someone could login to my account and see exactly who I was 6 years ago when I first got a facebook and how I progressed as a person throughout college. Not to mention the fact of if the record is there it can be requested by a court or government agency. Which is why at the library you can opt to keep a list of everything you check out for future record but they recommend against it.

Seriously, why were this spur of the moment chats recorded??? I can see the messages I never got around to deleting on the mail system but the equivalent to AIM still being there is a little bit weird.

Few months ago it was google making me uneasy when I found the old search settings and found 5 years of my browsing history that I deleted, sure it is still probably out there but I don't need my gf pissed that 4 years ago, I searched for "slutty college co-eds fucking"

Everywhere keeps everything. Whatever your email provider, for instance, they almost certainly don't actually remove all copies of things you "delete." Ever. Now, that doesn't mean anybody will look at it, and it certainly doesn't mean they'll let you have it back if you deleted it by accident... but it's there, just in case.

Really the only way you can make sure nobody, absolutely NOBODY, ever sees something you've done is never to let it onto the internet in the first place. That way you have the only copy, and you can destroy it physically if necessary. Not that Facebook doesn't have its problems, of course
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

As bad as Facebook is, their data host is worse.

If you know where someone's info is stored, you can go get it and everything else they've saved, even if you don't have a Facebook account.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Odd. My FB chats clear after about 24 hours, maybe less.
        A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

Working...
        X