just because you see no reason, doesn't mean there isn't one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just because you see no reason, doesn't mean there isn't one

ok so Wisconsin is becoming very close to passing concealed carry(need a permit and training), and today on the radio some politician was "just aghast" at the idea, because "she saw no reason why she would need one, so why should anyone else? and It will make WI horribly dangerous"

Yes, she has no need because she lives in a gated community with armed private security guards, a lot of us don't.

Another politician said he didn't see a need, but wasn't going to judge someone else's possible need when he wasn't in their situation, she got very flustered at that, and used a totally irrelevant anecdote about an experience someone told her about(not even her own experience-so possibly not even accurate), about someone having a firearm in a bar, in Colorado(didn't do anything with it, just the act of them having it there was "just horrifying" to her)....which is illegal in WI(open carry is perfectly legal here but you cannot by law have a firearm in any venue that serves alcohol). There will not be "bloodbaths in the streets" nor will "violent crime skyrocket" as she(and every other CCW opponent has claimed), in the other 48 states this has not occurred, but I guess Wisconites, are too close to cavemen to keep it from happening.

Using her logic, she doesn't need a car. I don't need one, I see no need for one so why should she? And cars kill more people every year than a tool that was designed exclusively for killing.

It's a patronizing, insulting, and elitist attitude, and has no place in politics. A politician's job is to speak FOR the people, not "I know better than you what your abilities/wants/needs are"
    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

That is pretty stupid...she expects the whole world to revolve around her needs?

I used to have a boss like that. When he was inquiring about my availability for hours, I told him I was really flexible, would work any shift, any my only exception was back to back shifts (like leave work at 10p.m., come back at 6 a.m.). He said he made those shifts mandatory to "keep it fair" and since "I have no problem with it, so I don't see why you would."

Well dickface just because you are able to fall asleep at the drop of a hat, doesn't mean all of us can. getting out of work at 10p.m. for me = 2.a.m before I can even think about sleep.

Comment

We've had conceal and carry laws for a while now and a few years ago, we got on demand conceal and carry laws. There hasn't been blood baths that weren't here before.

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
        ok so Wisconsin is becoming very close to passing concealed carry(need a permit and training), and today on the radio some politician was "just aghast" at the idea, because "she saw no reason why she would need one, so why should anyone else? and It will make WI horribly dangerous"

Yes, she has no need because she lives in a gated community with armed private security guards, a lot of us don't.

"
        I would absolutely love to require this politician do my job for 6 months.

now granted my town/area is not the south side of Chicago shooting gallery, but my job requires me to go into places (and no I can not refuse) that most LEOs would not go into without backup, but we do have a LOT of riff-raff from Milwaukee living here.

but being the "pizza man" I could not carry anyway cause private property rights and company rules trump the "right to keep and bear arms"
        I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
        The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Working...
        X