Being Trash-Talked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Trash-Talked

When you KNOW that you did the right thing.

And it would seem I don't have as many friends as I thought I did.....well, the ones I do are really two-faced or just dumb as rocks or naive.

So, I did finally break up with the alcoholic manchild. He actually made it very easy for me, just when I was having the worst luck trying to go about it.

Anyway, I'll spare you the details.

A week goes by, and he quotes on FB "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best!", and just about everyone he knows (and people who were supposedly MY friends too) clicked "like" and one girl in particular wrote that it's sad that people walk away just because of a "rough patch" but that it's alright because he'd find someone who would support him no matter what.

EX FUCKING CUSE ME?!!?!?

I didn't walk away because of a *rough patch*.....for nearly 3 years, that boy put me through hell and back with his alcohol and party related problems and drama, his probation, his couple of stints in jail, and now more recently, his FELONY DUI charge, of which he is still free on bond with. I walked away because I was NOT ABOUT to be with someone with an ankle bracelet (if that's what he gets) or in a several month jail stint. In fact, I never want to consider ANYONE with a criminal record of any kind again after what I went through with this guy.

I made many, many, many threads about this guy. I dare ANYONE to tell me that I made the wrong choice by walking away. I dare anyone to call me a coward and not deserving of someone at their best. Seriously.

But oh well. At least I know who my real friends are.

GOOD FOR YOU, BLAS!!!!

Seriously, I'm so proud of you. You aren't a coward and you didn't make the wrong choice. You deserve better than that...much better. Don't let the haters get you down; hold your head up high and be proud!

Comment

I appreciate your kind words and support.

I promise I did not post this soley for an ego stroke or warm fuzzies, but I felt it was the only safe place to vent. I didn't want to stoop to any levels on FB and be as immature as they are being.

Comment

Yeah, you do.

Like draws to like. Don't be surprised when others like him rush to his defense. Shitty people will always stick together, because give them validation about being shitty.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...you don't give yourself enough credit and you date beneath yourself. I'm glad you are seeing this and not tolerating it anymore.

What asshead didn't say, but is way more true, is that "Blas doesn't deserve me at my worst, and my best is hardly adequate compensation for it." And you don't deserve it. So don't subject yourself to his or anyone else's.

Nobody's perfect, but shitfire, man, this guy is a loser. A bad loser.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying "I'm too good for this loser." Nothing.

The quality people in your life will see you getting trash talked and they will consider the source. And in the eyes of these quality people, only the shitty people will be diminished, not you. Everyone else can see what's going on, you don't need to explain, you don't need to feel defensive, and you dont' need to get mad. Consider the source...everyone else is, I promise you. Shake the sand from your shoes and move on.

Comment

I was once going to ask why you didn't dump him, then the whole DUI hospital thing came up and I thought better of it.

Friends you made from his circle are more inclined to side with him and might not know how much shit he's put you through and if they do know, perhaps they wouldn't fare any better in your shoes.

Comment

Blas you know where I stand on this issue. I will always be on your side and am glad you finally dumped the idiot. He can squander his life away by himself. Or with his dipshit friends.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I'm popping a nearbeer to celebrate. Good for you, blas! You can do much better than that trash. He was doing all the wrong things in life and he didn't seem to give a shit. You don't need to be with someone like that.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

With "friends" like that, it sounds like you DO need an ego-stroking! Don't let them get you down.

I greatly admiring you for making that decision. It's probably one of the hardest ones you'll ever have to make. But you'll be SO glad you did, and sooner than you think. I'm excited to see what the future holds for you.

Comment

I am very proud of you, blas. I'm sorry your relationship did not work out but you do deserve much better than what your bf was giving you. It is not unreasonable at all to want a significant other who doesn't have a criminal record, who is responsible and who listens to your wants, needs, concerns, etc. From what I gathered your last bf did not fit any of those criteria.

I think this calls for cookies!

Comment

bleh screw his friends, if they where good at being friends they would know the whole story and not say shit like that, or they would have tried to help you get away from him or get him to grow up

then again maybe my standards for humanity are too high?
                    I'm a happy, well adjusted emotinally disturbed person, who can't spell

Comment

I don't know what else to say (that would be fit to type) except
                      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Why the hell doesn't FB have a thumbs-down feature? And personally, I'd want to respond with something along the lines of what RK said. Because while he thinks you don't deserve him at his "best", you really just deserve better, period. Good luck to you. Unfriend the jerk, your life does not revolve around his drama.

Comment

*slow clap*

Comment

You did the right thing! The haters can go pound sand, you deserve way better than that dude!
                            There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Originally posted by bainsidhe View Post
                              Because while he thinks you don't deserve him at his "best", you really just deserve better, period.
                              Yeah, his best might be awesome. I don't know. But his worst is so bad that it brings his average score so far below par it's embarrassing.

He cannot possibly be good enough to make up for how much he sucks. Contrary to his own delusions. Awesome people are awesome because they have no idea they are awesome. That ought to be his first clue.

Comment

Working...
                              X