Making me wait.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making me wait.

Maybe I could've just combined this with my other thread, but I like to stand alone.

Ok, people who take forever to get ready. I can get ready amazingly fast. And it's ok if people can't get ready as fast as me, but I really hate people telling me I have to get ready and be ready at 3:00 p.m. and they're not ready until 3:30 p.m. Why did you do that to me? I can be prepared to leave my house for an all day excursion in about 15 minutes. So why not wait until you're 15 minuites away from being ready? I can do all kinds of shit in the time you have to talk on the phone or individually paint and style every last hair on yhour head, from eyelashes to eyebrows to whatever else is going on....

I HATE WAITING FOR PEOPLE! It's real simple - don't make me wait for you. if you can get ready faster than me, great. If you can't, don't make me wait. Tell me when it's time to LEAVE. Not time to sit in the car and wait for another half hour.

Let me guess. You had to wait for someone just now?

Rapscallion
    Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
    Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

I hate when someone will tell you to pick them up at say 7pm, then you have to wait 15 or more minutes. If you say to be ready by a certain time, then you damn well better be ready on time. It's pretty simple.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

My dad was an hour late to my wedding. After we told him it started two hours earlier than it did. >_< He was the kind of guy that would wait until half an hour after whatever event had started, and then decide he was ready to take a shower before leaving.

Needless to say, my mother attended a lot of our events alone.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Oh man that would drive me nuts.

Comment

My last boyfriend was awful about this. He blamed it on his ADHD, but I know not everyone with ADHD is like him.

He knew how long it takes me to get ready, so anyone else would have figured "Ok, if it takes her two hours to get ready and me only about 30 minutes, I will start getting ready when she's almost done, and by the time she comes over, I'll be ready."

Nope.

I would call/text and say I was on my way, and there were times he had JUST gotten into the shower or JUST gotten out. And then he proceeded to take his sweet time shaving. And doing his hair. All in all, some days I'd have to wait an extra hour or more for him.

Come to find out one time, he admitted he did it on purpose to get back at me for taking so long to get ready. Although I was NEVER late when I said I'd be there and was always ready when I said I would be!

Comment

As much as I loved my late husband, he was chronically late, and as a result, since he drove and I didn't, we developed a reputation among family for always being late for everything. We would be the butt of friendly teasing and jokes about our constant lateness.

Our daughter inherited the lack of a sense of time from her father, and it annoys the hell out of me.

I hate being late.

I think it's really disrespectful.
              Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

I hate being late as well. the main deterrant for me was, at a young age, showing up late for school and being that spectacle for a few minutes as you walk in front of everyone and they all wonder why you're late. Plus you don't get time to acclimate yourself to whatever you're doing.

So yes, being late sucks. And I HATE being late, and my better half is the exact opposite. I love her right to death but godDAMN can you put a fucking move on!?!?! Like how about allow ADEQUATE TIME!???? You know you can't put on your fucking makeup in 10 minutes! you know you can't shower and dry and do your hair and get dressed in 10 minutes! So why do you wait until it's 10:50 to decide to get ready for your 11:00 appointment!?!?!?

And furthermore, people need to understand what mandatory means. It is not mandatory for a woman to spend 3 hours "getting ready" to leave the house. It's a PREFERENCE. You PREFER to look good, have your hair styled, face painted, etc...so how about you take care of your PREFERENCE on your OWN TIME?

Comment

Working...
                X