My unbalanced mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My unbalanced mother

I am sick of living at home waiting to go off to basic, the reason I haven't bothered to move out is I still don't have that good of a job and I have been attempting to save money instead of pay for an overpriced apartment when I eventually want to by a house, but lately the crazyness of my mother is becoming unbearable. As just about anything I do results in threats of throwing me out because I am so ungrateful.

It is hard to know what will set her off, as my parents get pissed I am never home, or 2-3 times a week I stay at my gfs or a friends house, and for the most part tell them when I won't be home but sometimes it is 11pm when I decide I'm not goign home and well she already in bed.

Depending if the phone call last night was serious, I have about 90min till she gets off work and if I'm gonna be packing my shit and moving out.

The reason she wants to throw me out this time isn't like a month ago when I "refused" to cut the grass that was under 2-3inches of water and will just do damange to the lawn mower. that is expensive to maintain.

It was because my dad and brother were returning home from couple thousand miles away moving my sister to another state, and I was running MEMTEST because I just got some free ram off a friend and upgraded the computer. I told her "Hit ESC, it will "fix" the computer" because she was jsut screaming that "THERE IS A BUNC?H OF SHIT ON THE COMPUTER I WANT IT FIXED NOW HOW DARE YOU FUCKING LEAVE WITHOUT FIXING ITTTTTTT< WHAT THE FUCK IS THE ESCAPE KEY"

I responded with "Its fixed, GOOD BYE"

which lead into her telling me thats it move the fuck out, funny funny part is, its my computer!!! My dads died and I just had it sitting in the basement not really being used so I have been letting them use it.

I hate that I am actually being forced to consider what shirts I would want to take with me and my stuff, along with my new computer all my other shit I am likely going to be forced to pour gasoline on and destroy

Remember to take the computer with you.

And good luck.

Comment

I know what it's like to live with family like that. My mother would (and still does) flip out over stupid things. In fact, most of my childhood was spent with her screaming about something...and no, I couldn't escape the noise. I'd go upstairs to my bedroom, close the door, and all of a sudden, she'd scream at me because I'd made "too much noise" closing the door, and "we don't slam doors in this house." When I finally moved out, I'd tired of it. I'd spend 9 hours a day in a noisy office...and then had to come home to that shit. I'd put up with it long enough to pay off the school loans, the car, and save up enough for a down payment on my home. It's soooo nice being able to come home to peace and quiet

Comment

I really shouldn't joke but I keep looking at the thread title and think: well just tip her over then.

Comment

Originally posted by gremcint View Post
          I really shouldn't joke but I keep looking at the thread title and think: well just tip her over then.
          And pour her out?
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
            And pour her out?
            I almost spit out my pizza when I read that.
            "Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe" -H. G. Wells

"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed" -Sir Francis Bacon

Comment

I swear she needs to be medicated, she would probably be a lot happier, right now she is only happy if she is making someone else miserable or bitching..... Which is why I am trying to be more positive I don't want to end up like my parents, but when your around shit all the time, they kind of drag you into it

Comment

I feel for you.

I think a lot of us on here have crazy mothers, or did when we were in our early adult years.

I saved my first few paychecks from my factory job and got the HELL out of my parents' house at 19 because my mother was driving me to insanity.

I've spoke of this before, but she had the most draconian rules. And of course, the answer to not liking the rules was "Then LEAVE!". Of course, it's not like I was leeching off of them, not working or trashing their house like a lot of kids my age at the time were doing. I was a decently good kid at the time. No reason for these rules, but in my mother's head, it was because I had bad judgement, could not be trusted, and still needed to be guided.

I had a midnight curfew (except I worked 3rd shift so it only applied on my nights off). I was FORBIDDEN to spend the night at boys' houses. If my parents did not like a guy or any friend I brought over (meaning Mom's opinion of them), I would only be given an hour or two to hang with them. She made rules like that in hopes that people she didn't like wouldn't want to hang out with me. It didn't work, it just made me find ways of working around her rules (taking advantage of when she wasn't home, away on trips for pastoral schooling and whatnot).

I was 19 years old when I moved. I was actually still grounded when I moved. Yes, my mom still grounded me. Full on groundings of not being able to go anywhere but work. Making sure she or dad had my car keys when I wasn't at work.

My mother did infact push me halfway out the door, my own frustration sent me out the door. And I'll do anything to not go back.

BUT....now that I'm out of the house......we get along GREAT and she always wants me to come over on my days off and even begs me to pack a bag and spend the night in my old room. Weird.

Comment

perhaps she feels something like this

when you were living with her you were still a "child" since you " had bad judgement, could not be trusted, and still needed to be guided"

Now you proved you van live on your own, so you are an adult. Her perception of you changed
                  when you proved you could live by yourself

Comment

It might not be a bad idea to get a storage unit. Store extra stuff in it and possibly your computer. It's cheaper than your own place and means that if you do have to suddenly leave, you don't have to leave your stuff. It also means that when you go off to basic, unless you're taking all of your stuff or sending it somewhere, you have some place safe to store it so that your mom can't randomly decide to toss it to the curb.

Comment

Sound advice.
                      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
                      X