Overly Aggressive People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overly Aggressive People

Sorry, it's kind of a loaded thread title. I really couldn't figure out what I wanted to really say to put it together in a title. What I am referring to is a personality type at work, but this could be anyone. What I mean is:

People who are overly domineering. In your face type people. People who refer to themselves as "go-getter", but most people would just call them psycho, because that's the way they act. They will get in your face and they usually speak VERY loudly and they usually come across like they are almost violent. If they don't get their way, they bitch. And bitch. LOUDLY. They WILL NOT stop until they get their way. They continue to bother people until they get their way. I'm not talking about your run of the mill persistence, I am talking about people who are so effing obnoxious and adament about getting what they want that they will not let something rest or will not let anyone rest until they get the answer or results or thing they want.

I absolutely hate this type of person. Aggressive isn't a good enough word. Annoying really isn't, either. Domineering may not even be. Obnoxious is close, as well as psycho.

Seeing as I am speaking from a work standpoint, I cannot believe people like this are even allowed to treat anyone they work with like this, considering these people seem to have no idea what it's like to be professional and courteous and use the right way to go about getting the results they want. Instead of using maturity, tact, professionalism and just the right amount of assertiveness (NOT aggression), they are absolutely obnoxious and persistent and will not shut up or back off until they get what they want or are satisfied with an answer (whatever they are looking for or want). I know of one who has no sense of personal space and boundaries and will just up and bother someone until they get what they want or find out what they need to know.

Sounds a lot like a QA person where I work. Whenever he interacts with anyone it seems he is in a barely controlled rage, his eyes almost popping out and his face actually quivering. Nasty person to have to deal with.

Comment

There's no way to deal with the Intimidator. He will ALWAYS beat you, because he will always take the discussion farther than you. Any attempts to challenge his greatness will usually end with violence. You can call the police, but they're very reactive, and typically the damage is done and it'll be your fault anyway for letting it happen.

Comment

Working...
      X