Never being able to eat my cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never being able to eat my cake

I want not only to have my cake, but to eat it. I want my cake! What's the point of having cake if you're not going to eat it?

I may not even be using the phrase correctly. My main gripe, however, is that I can never seem to get things all into place for myself.

This weekend I was looking forward to having the house to myself. I'd had tentative positives from grandparents about taking kids, and wife has gone to see a show with some friends. So I get saturday night to myself!

But now that wife is gone, kids are stuck here. Other nites, I get rid of the kids, but wife's plans fall through and I have to entertain her all night. Other nites, I get rid of kids and wife, but then internet randomly crashes. Or I get wife gone, internet, 1 kid gone...but now I'm out of cigarettes.

I don't think I ask for a whole lot. Just a few things. A few hours of privacy, some cigarettes, something to intoxicate me just a bit, and some quiet time with my video games. No one else to tell me what to do, no one to complain it's too loud, no one else to worry about if they're not enjoying what I'm doing, no one to wake up with a bad dream, no one who wants to talk, nothing but me and me and me and that's it!

Be jealous of me. I have so much "me" time, sometimes I even dare say I get bored. But not bored enough to shower and change out of my sweats and put my face on and actually do anything.

Comment

Working...
    X