So what CAN I talk about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what CAN I talk about?

I'll mention something in passing that isn't on NewsHour (the 'personhood' nutcases, interesting local news, the loopholes in the Do Not call list--usually spurred by the 3756987th telemarketing call that mom will pass to me even though they mangle my name--and ways to solve it, an interesting tech bit on Slashdot, a story about some idiot on the road, etc) and my mom snaps "I really don't know why you mentioned that, it doesn't concern me/we have more important things to worry about".

Um...I'm not "worrying about" this stuff (although the 'personhood' crap might affect me depending on how far it goes seeing as I'm on the pill for a valid medical reason), it's interesting and I thought you'd have an opinion. If you don't, just say "well that really doesn't interest me". I KNOW we're behind on the rent and I need a job, I can't focus on it all the time.
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 07-13-2011, 03:35 AM.
    "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Ugh I find these people ironic. They can snap that it doesn't concern them or whatever. BUT!!!!!! You can say the exact same thing to them. Next thing you know they're foaming at the mouth. You're getting called a bitch who is just plain rude.
    If I can't bitch, I'll explode- blas87

Comment

Yup. She doesn't do it all the time and I can't figure out what the trigger is...

Also if I happen to disagree with something on the news (most recently it was another study 'linking' video games and violence and I got a mini-lecture about Ghostbusters Wii of all things).

Okay, I fully understand that things are hard right now, I really do and I'm doing what I can to help, but I can't stress about it all the time.
      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 07-13-2011, 02:51 PM.
      "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Working...
      X