No announcement yet.

Hidden Fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate anything that isn't all inclusive because I'm sorry when I ask for the out the door price, I want the out to the door price INCLUDING TAX. Because when you offer me $50 service, plus $10 disposal, plus $3 for day ending in Y, another $10 in tax, $7 for needing it done within a day. plus $20 shop fees. Your not doing the work for $50, your doing it for $100 I don't care your not getting the tax it still doubles the cost of said service!!!! So many place seem to give you the too good to be true price, aren't upfront about the additonal fees they mention in the small print.

Kind of shitty to go for $99 to $ 651 because of a crawl space that you really don't have to enter, we had a similar incident when getting our back door installed. Special ONE time only offer that is only good while the sales person is on your property once he lives you loose that 10% discount. I get they want to close the sale but really is a slightly delayed sale better than getting thrown out of the house?

Comment

This thread reminded me of this story I saw awhile back:

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/...investigation/

What bothers me with auto shops and contractors is a lot of them realize they are dealing with people who don't have the knowledge and expertise they do, so they BS a bunch of stuff, convincing people to pay out big money for stuff they don't even really need but because someone who supposedly "knows about this stuff" told them they need it, they don't question it at all.

Comment

Working...
      X