Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peppergirl View Post
    I agree, CC.

Those Wal Mart 'Match It!' commercials are particularly galling.
    Perfect example of what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyBarbossa View Post
      I think it's safe to say that Flo of the Progressive ads is the worst offender. Gah.
      I agree, I hate how she's painted as a really super cheery, hyper loves her work idiot. On the plus side she's hot.
      "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

Originally posted by Rantsylvania 6-5000 View Post
        Oh, I hate those too! A couple of perfect examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdbbOABQODU

http://vimeo.com/20000351
        That first one is kind of amusing but I can't imagine that people would work there for long.

The second one is just wrong.....

Comment

I get super pissed off when I see commercials for my company saying what a great place it is or the recruitment posters we have. Yeah right, great place to work my ass. WHY does every other major retailer in the area offer some form of a discount for employees and we get nothing? Why does everyone else make dollars more than min wage and after 2 years, I make a whole 60 cents more than min wage?

Comment

Eh, I don't get too bothered by fake-nice employees in commercials. The ones that really piss me off are where the employee (usually a fast food clerk or a cashier) are seen noisily chewing their gum and/or rolling their eyes at everything the customer says.

Seriously, what company even allows their employees to chew gum while working? Not my store, at least. And I have never ever gotten an eye roll from a cashier or a fast food employee, and I shop and eat out a LOT.

Actually I see this stereotypical "stupid cashier" in TV shows more often than commercials... Either way, it really gets on my nerves and you just know SC's everywhere are thinking thats how every one of us acts on the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzy View Post
              Either way, it really gets on my nerves and you just know SC's everywhere are thinking thats how every one of us acts on the job.
              Pretty much, I am sick of people thinking I must get a killer discount on everything and be making tons of money. But the thing I truly hate the most is people who think I make commission on all the shit I sell. It is really hard for me not to ask people "Are you fucking stupid?" I mean really, who the hell would pay min wage cashiers commission for products that sell themselves, I get in appliance stores and what not, but a gas station really????

Then there are the people who think 3rd shift is just sitting on your ass watching TV, not like there anything important to do because well that is how that clerk movie was, people just screwing around having fun the whole time.

Comment

I think it's safe to say that Flo of the Progressive ads is the worst offender. Gah.
                My MIL can't stand her and I don't blame her...Flo is so.....ugh.
                There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Aw, I like Flo, she's cute. But that's not intended to be an accurate description at all. Though it doesn't hurt that my Progressive agent is awesome. (Not as bubbly as Flo, but still awesome.)

Comment

I think the pink haired esurance girl is much much cuter than flo...But then again, she's a cartoon...

Comment

Except for the "Match It" commercials from my former employer, I don't mind the cheery people in ads. I actually think Flo is kind of cute.

Like Buzzy and a few others, I get more annoyed at commercials that portray service workers as lazy, rude, unhelpful, more interested in socializing with coworkers than helping customers, etc. I don't get as annoyed at them as I used to, but it still gets to me a little.

Then again, those things are all stereotypes, and virtually every job/profession has stereotypes to put up with. For example, I'm a librarian. Stereotypically, librarians are old spinster women who like to shush people for making the slightest noise in the library and who have a thick mass of hair that is perpetually put up in a bun. I don't fit that stereotype at all.

Comment

I dunno, she never bothered me as much because of how unrealistic she is. She's not acting like this is the default attitude. And people are generally seen reacting to her in confusion at her strange over-cheeriness. She never bothered me as much because I don't think anyone is expected to act like her, and they're not trying to convince me people do.
                        "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                        ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

the one set of commercials I ABSOLUTELY hate is the Digorino Pizza commercals they ran up until about 4 months ago. in them they protray delivery drivers as lazy, clumsy, stupid, dirty, smelly, unkempt, unhiegenic and worst of all LATE EVERY TIME.

not taking in account that we get apid sub-sub-minimum wage, barely get compensated for our gas, have to pay for everything else out of our own pockets, paychecks and megear tips
                          I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                          The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Actually, I find Flo from the Progressive commercials to be funny. I crack up at her antics.

Has anyone heard the radio ad about Kohl's new return policy? I can't quite remember all the details, but they talk about trying to explain most stores' return policies to a 5-month-old baby. Then, the baby begins screaming. I've only heard it once or twice, but it just strikes me as ridiculous to even present such a scenario.

Comment

Quite frankly, I wish service people were more like the ads.
                              I am tired of getting substandard service from people who act like I am an intrusion into their day, and I am tired of working with people who are slowly running a business into the ground that I helped build up through 19 years of great customer service.

Yeah, we're human, and to be honest, some days I am not at my best, but I was taught from my very first day in retail that the customer pays my wages, so I try not to resent that they expect value and service for their dollar.

Yeah, there are times they don't understand how it works and make unreasonable demands, but I have had cashiers ring my order through and not even make eye contact with me.
                              I have had them sigh as they wordlessly scan everything through.
                              I'm sorry, but I don't think it's unreasonable at all to expect at least a friendly smile and pleasant interaction when I am spending my money in their store.
                              Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

If I made the commercials? The looks of horror on slave after slave's face as they see the special for themonth, and realize that we are going to be motherfucking swamped. All. Month.

Comment

Working...
                                X