I am not the fair weather/drama friend, stop reacting like it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not the fair weather/drama friend, stop reacting like it

To explain I am not the friend to go to when you need someone to talk to about your drama's and then only hear from you when there is drama and not the good times. I am not the friend who shows up only when its good. Or worse the one who you call when you are drunk and want to boast of your latest conquests instead of how you and your kid are doing. (this is a summary of several friends not all one person)

No, I am the friend who is there through it all. I'm the one your so called friends warned you about. yes I'm the honest friend that when you screw up lets you know but is also still there to cheer you up and still be there for you. I'm the friend that lets you know you did wrong but offer solutions or have your back. If I DIDN'T call you on a potentially bad action to keep you from harm then I'm not a good friend.

SO tell me WHY is being this kind of friend an actual good one with honesty and TACT instead of crude blunt honest which i also give when needed considered bad? I will NOT sugar coat it, sometimes life sucks but this is why there are friends....its little things like "yes your butt looks fat in that dress so wear this instead you will look better in it" that apparently no one else will and let you suffer when someone does have the guts to tell you what I just did after letting you walk around all day looking bad (example only)
    I will not tell you what you want to hear but what you NEED to hear.
    Such as, yes he/she may love you with all their heart but until this person can stop doing this negative thing it will not get better. And you may not want to hear that, but its the truth and yes it hurts but trust me the sooner you get this the better. I'd rather it hurt now than even worse later.
    I am the friend that will be there with you in jail going damn we effed up but we had fun and no one got hurt.

HOWEVER I am quite happy that I have found a new friend who is my age, has a child and understands my hours even though her schedule is different and knows that if she calls me in the middle of the night I will talk to her because its an emergency or just to talk because she is having a panic attack.

So stop drunk calling me
    stop coming to me only when you have bf drama that you know your ass started
    stop ignoring me when your latest bf/gf comes into the picture because i care about that this person is treating you right too. I care about the good times too dammit!
    Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
    Yeah we're so over, over
    Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime
Working...
X