No announcement yet.

Well that's what happens....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all bow to your inevitable victory, clearly there is nothing left to be said.
    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

No, I will say something.

I agree with the initial line of thinking, but not the violence part. That doesn't mean that I think people shouldn't put more thought into their actions, but it also doesn't mean that someone should be thrown against a wall by her ex bf. There are other ways that guy could have gotten her out of his house. Most guys are bigger than girls. He could have picked her up and put her outside and locked the door, and called the cops.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post

I agree with the initial line of thinking, but not the violence part. That doesn't mean that I think people shouldn't put more thought into their actions, but it also doesn't mean that someone should be thrown against a wall by her ex bf. There are other ways that guy could have gotten her out of his house. Most guys are bigger than girls. He could have picked her up and put her outside and locked the door, and called the cops.
        True, but the girl can still cry assault and attempt charges.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
          She went into a stupid situation and got hurt. Tough shit.
          Oh. I see. You're using the "she was asking to be raped" clause.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post

You can't say something. DrFaroohk ALREADY DECLARED VICTORY. :O
            "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
            ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
              Oh. I see. You're using the "she was asking to be raped" clause.

^-.-^
              What's funny is how many other threads that go like this:

OP: Person A went into a stupid situation and got hurt.

Replies: Oh well it doesn't matter Person A did something stupid and never should have been there in the first place!

Why is it ok on those threads but not here? Is there a relevant difference between someone who, say, goes to the same hospital where his malicious estranged wife works and gets poisoned, or someone who leaves his tricked out lexus parked in the gang neighborhood and wonders why it gets stolen, or the man who believed his girl was on the pill when she was really trying to trap him?

No, it all amounts to doing something stupid. The rest of the details simply don't matter. This is exactly the same argument used on me time and time again when I am wronged by someone.

Comment

I don't understand why you think you "win" this debate, though. It's not about winning, or even who is really right or wrong. It's just a board for debating for fun.

Minor details can mean a lot. I understand the basic concept of right versus wrong, stupid versus common sense, but minor details will play a big role in what happens to the girl who broke into the house, legally speaking.

Comment

This is exactly the same argument used on me time and time again when I am wronged by someone.
                  Oh. So you're using the douchebag variant of paying it forward, then?

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Why is it ok on those threads but not here?
                    Its because legalities and violence are involved. Yes its ragingly stupid for her to put herself in the situation, but its also stupid for him to respond so violently. There's no rule saying they can't both be god damn idiots here.

They both did something stupid and they both must face the consequences of said stupidity. Just because someone stupidly became a victim doesn't mean the crime has been negated as a result. Otherwise scamming wouldn't be illegal. -.-

Comment

I do not ever agree with blaming the victim. An innocent person who is assaulted is in no way at fault even if they knew it was a probability that it would happen.

However, in this particular example the woman is not an INNOCENT victim. She entered his home without permission and acting in a manner that can easily be perceived as a threat. She was yelling and I would have been concerned about her behavior escalating. The police would have taken awhile to respond.

His actions may have been more violent than necessary but it is easy to judge him after the fact. In the moment of the situation, he reacted and should not be punished for not being able to carefully consider his options in the heat of the moment.

Comment

He could get off without being charged criminally, but that doesn't mean the girl or her family wouldn't try to sue.

You should always at least try to think before you react like that.

Comment

Working...
                        X