Having To Hide Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having To Hide Online

I hate having to put myself as invisible on Facebook chat (mostly because any updates I get take longer to show up). I hate having to hide from people.

But some people just don't seem to understand that I don't want to talk all the fucking time. During the week, I log on for a matter of minutes before I go to bed, to check here and CS, my bank account, and just to read on FB if I have any updates. Some "me" time before work. I no longer have 16 hours between shifts. I have 12. That's not much.

But there is always a person or two who, every freaking time it shows I'm online, they want to chat. Recently, it's been a guy from work who works an opposite shift. He hadn't talked to me in years until I broke up with manchild, and he KNOWS I'm dating a coworker. I just put myself invisible because I don't want to talk.

And then of course, there's my mom who not only texted me twice while I was trying to do laundry and sleep at her place this morning (texted me once, I didn't answer, texted me again "Are you ok?" IM SLEEPING!). They wouldn't let me turn the A/C on, so I didn't sleep much and just did my laundry and got the hell out of there and went home where I don't have to worry about my electric bill.

I ate when I got home, and lost ambition to go to the gym, so I decided to go outside for a couple of hours and tan. She texted me AGAIN. I finally answered when I got back in that I had been sleeping in the morning, and I had been laying outside this afternoon.

Maybe people think I'm being petty, but I wish people would just leave me the hell alone when I'm trying to sleep and not assume something is wrong because I don't automatically answer. I didn't go to the gym today, but when I do, I don't bring my phone in with me. I don't answer my phone or mess with it when I'm out and about doing things or driving. I'm not dead and I'm ok. Please let me sleep.

You can just ignore the incoming chats. I've done that and I've had others do it to me.

Anyone who would complain that you're not always available to chat when Facebook is about a shit-ton more than just that needs a good fish-slapping.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Do you mean hitting the little "x" and closing the session?

If so, I wish that worked. Most of the time, those people just keep with the "Hello?" "Hello?" "You there?!" replies. I had the same problem on Yahoo and MSN Messengers when I used to use them. I couldn't leave the computer on when I went outside to smoke or just walked away to use the bathroom because someone would get stabby that I was "ignoring" them.

Comment

I usually have to keep all my messengers offline or invisible to keep from getting snagged by someone who wants to chat. I always seem to receive texts when I'm working or otherwise busy, and have to ignore them until a better time.

Comment

I have the opposite problem. Nobody wants to chat with me.

*sniffles*
          "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

On the rare occasions I log into Facebook ( once every 3-4 months ) I immediately close the chat interface completely. I don't want to talk to any of you and those of you I do want to talk too have already been provided with better means of getting a hold of me >.>

Comment

Yeah, I'm permanently 'offline' for Facebook chat, for all the reasons listed above.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
                Yeah, I'm permanently 'offline' for Facebook chat, for all the reasons listed above.
                I used to do that too, but then the format changed and I can't figure out how!

Comment

I can't figure out how to permanently make it that way, but mine stays offline for about 5 days to a week then it puts me back online and I don't realize it until the annoying windows pop back up.

Comment

Working...
                  X