Service fee and then line anyway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service fee and then line anyway

So I am sure everyone is familiar with Fandango. You buy your tickets over the internet or phone and then there is a box at the theater you pickup your tickets like a ticket ATM.

However one theater I have found that I go to still uses the service however no longer has their box. So you can buy tickets online and pay the service fee but your still going to have to wait in line for the box office.

Yeah I will just buy my tickets in person. I don't blame them for it they are part of a chain and so it's likely a corporate decision but really that seems annoying.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

I see no reason to buy in advance, or even bother with discount passes (we get them at work for $5) or those giant books of free movie passes you buy for people, because it always seems whenever you go to see a movie, it says "Sorry, no advanced tickets" or "Sorry, no discount passes". It's ALWAYS the movie I want to see.

My friend and her husband still have a book of 50 or so free tickets from Christmas 2009, and they only used 4. On the movie Obsessed. It's the only movie they've went to where they could use those passes. Every other movie they've wanted to see had those restrictions on them. So stupid.

Why bother selling those things when most movies that come out, you'll just put restrictions on? The more 3D movies that come out, the worse this will get as well.

Comment

I've used plenty of discount passes, though I never bother buying ahead.

The restriction on passes usually only lasts for opening weekend. If you can manage to wait a week, and it's not a special run, then it's open season.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yeah but this was through Fandango when your buying specific tickets for a specific movie.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

jack, the theatre you go to probably doesn't have enough Fandango business to justify having the box.

Luckily, the local movie theatre has a student discount. If both Fiance and I are going, we try to go to a matinee.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
            jack, the theatre you go to probably doesn't have enough Fandango business to justify having the box.
            Oh yeah no totally and that's what I figured I just wish they had no longer been listed on Fandango's website because of that. They had a box in the past so I was under the impression they still did when I bought the ticket.
            Jack Faire
            Friend
            Father
            Smartass

Comment

One of the best theatres had buy ahead online option but also a kiosk where you could get your tickets/ buy your snacks at the entrance of the theatre. They then had a "prepay" line at the snack bar so you scanned in your ticket and food order so they had a heads up and you got your stuff super fast. It rocked!
              I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi

Comment

Working...
              X