No announcement yet.

Topping tiredness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try "Yeah, well I haven't slept since the black hounds started coming after my soul. I swear, doesn't matter how much you salt the windows they still make a Hell of a racket."

That should stop any future comparison attempts. -.-

Comment

I'm lucky, in that my insomnia attacks are infrequent, but it's still a pain in the butt whenever it happens and I end up having to go to work exhausted and existing on caffine.

Which leads to another "top" by some parents. "Parenthood is a far worse job than yours! You get breaks, holidays and you get paid!"

Whereas you can tell your "boss" (ie, your kid) off, and be rude to anyone who comes within a five mile radius. I can't. Also, comparing having kids to having a job is a ridiculous comparison. I guess that makes working mums superwomen, then.
      "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
        Whereas you can tell your "boss" (ie, your kid) off, and be rude to anyone who comes within a five mile radius. I can't. Also, comparing having kids to having a job is a ridiculous comparison. I guess that makes working mums superwomen, then.
        I am going to get flamed for this but yeah that is my problem with the whole kids and taking care of your house as a full time job thing.

It honestly feels a bit disrespectful when someone says, "I am a home maker" especially when they don't have kids.

It's like wait I am a single man so I not only have to do the job I do but I also do the "job" you do. I clean my own place, cook my own meals, etc so does that mean I can say I am more awesome than you?

Also my ex-wife was horrid at any of that so when I got home I had to cook and clean and spend time with our daughter not getting any time to myself until after she had gone to sleep on my chest leaving me a few minutes before drifting off.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

I hate it also. I cannot never get to sleep, when something important is the next day. I hate, when someone says well you don't have a job/kids. Just wait. Well jerk, I am going to school and do have to wake up early for that.

Comment

Working...
          X