This state's attitude toward lgbt equality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This state's attitude toward lgbt equality

And it really came to a point last night at Pride--we had a remembrance march for someone who committed suicide back in March...

No one should be GLAD and SURPRISED that we only got called "faggots" once along the way.

Seriously.
    "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

It blows my mind when people talk about certain presidential candidates who make a lot of statements about not liking gay people or how gay sex is wrong and should be illegal and say those candidates are people with strong morals. Personally, I think their morals are so fucked up I'd be surprised if they had any.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Well, when you look at it all the word 'moral' means is either 'I agree with you' or 'you agree with me'.

Rapscallion
      Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

*mutters* Must not move to London until daughter is 18
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

That's what I was about to say, Raps.

Like, I was thrilled we got to have Pride at all and it's true the town I live in is more "liberal" than most of Idaho because of the university, but still. I mean, no one wanted to break away from the group for fear of getting jumped. Just for wearing a rainbow or something that indicated gay pride. Lovely morals everyone's got.

And I mean, with people's stories...one lady was awesome because she's very LDS, yet accepts her son. But someone else was kicked out at 15. Just for being gay. Why can't people just accept that underneath everything, we're all people? And why does it matter who I, or anyone else, choose to fuck as long as we're all consenting adults?
          "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

What makes it worse is you can't always tell how your parents will react making you feel even more isolated. I never came out as Bi to my dad cuz I was sure I would be seeing the streets.
            Jack Faire
            Friend
            Father
            Smartass

Comment

Exactly, jackfaire...that's why I haven't told my parents I'm bi...because I'm pretty sure they'll disown me.

Comment

I thought mine would *probably* take it OK... but still only told them because I HAD to. Mom, we were in the car together talking and she said her church was good for her for the the being, but wouldn't approve of her looking for a new husband... and I started giggling and couldn't stop, and so had to explain it was because I was thinking that if they would disapprove of *her* looking for a husband, they'd *really* have a fit about my wanting one. Dad was a bit different, but the same sort of thing: he couldn't understand why I wouldn't want to go to a political rally for our congressman, Paul Broun. (A very hard pusher of the Federal Marriage Amendment, and the sort who claims that firing people for being gay is an inviolable religious freedom. So, NOT someone I'm likely to support politically)
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

My dad has said that homosexuals will burn in hell and that he doesn't think gay people deserve any rights. But my mom has at least acquiesced to the idea that we should have civil unions. So I've been tempted a few times to tell her, but then I'm like.....wait. If you tell her, you can never un-tell her, if that makes sense. And she doesn't have a very good track record of keeping personal secrets. I told her before about my ex raping me and that it was a SECRET--and found out a couple months ago, she told her sister.

My sister knows that I'm bi, and she's actually fairly ok-ish with it [although apparently she hates me ever wearing rainbows or like--acting proud or accepting of the fact ], but I'm still a little pissed that she outed me to her boyfriend without even asking me if it was ok. You don't out people without their permission plain and simple.

Comment

Maybe I'm weird but when my 18 year old daughter told me a while back she was going on a date with a girl I almost jumped for joy. I'm glad she is bi ...I welcome her dating girls. I'd rather she do that than risk pregnancy and disease with some boy! To me same sex dating seems a lot safer.
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

She can still get a disease from a girl. Not as likely, sure, but still possible.

Comment

t_g!

There is still risk, yeah, but I recall at Pride--they had free HIV/hepatitis testing and my friend was telling me that they told one girl she didn't really have to be tested 'cause she was only fucking girls. So the risk is still there, but it's lower.

What amused ME was that the gp, which is a thing solely for gay/bi boys, was giving out dental dams.

Comment

Originally posted by Eisa View Post
                          What amused ME was that the gp, which is a thing solely for gay/bi boys, was giving out dental dams.
                          Not entirely ridiculous, they would have their uses.
                          I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                          Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
                            Not entirely ridiculous, they would have their uses.
                            It seems to me that the bi boys would likely be able to find use for them.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

So would the gay boys.
                              I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                              Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X