having to keep things "hush hush"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having to keep things "hush hush"

*this stems from a situation I'd posted about over on CS awhile back, but I'm bringing it over here because this part is definitely more suited for Fratching*

As I had mentioned in the CS thread, the church's preschool/daycare center director ('Rose), and her daughter ("Leah", who was a teacher/assistant director) had been "asked to leave" their positions because of various issue. It seems that a state agency had gotten involved with doing an investigation, and to make it short, unfortunately there were mentions of a staff member being overly rough with handling the kids. (names weren't mentioned the info on the the state agency's website, but my sister suspects that it applied to "Leah")

Anyhow, where my rant comes into place is that my two nieces were attending the preschool while this stuff was going on, and the police (not sure how they are involved) supposedly won't release names of the kids who were named in the incidents. My sister is really bothered by this, and I can totally understand......assuming that everything mentioned in the said reports is true, I would want to know if my kid had been involved/affected.

One would hope that the parents of those kids who were involved were notified of that fact, and it's only the ones who weren't who aren't being informed.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Exactly. If a child was involved, their parents would know.

I suspect that they aren't releasing names to the general public, because it's no one else's business.

If your sister hasn't been told her kids are involved, they weren't.

Comment

Well, here's what I know - the church's personnel committee is really big on keeping quiet with staff-related issues, and the only info they released to parents was that Rose and Leah had chosen to resign instead of being fired for "probable cause". And I don't know about other parents, but the temporary director had filled my sister in on the details, and I'd gotten a version of the other side from Leah.....this being when I ran into her at the library.

However, general info on the investigation was posted on the state agency's website, it's available for the public, and I guess some parents came across this and chose to pull their kids from the preschool. (the new director mentioned this to my sister, that's how she found out more)

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
          Exactly. If a child was involved, their parents would know.

I suspect that they aren't releasing names to the general public, because it's no one else's business.

If your sister hasn't been told her kids are involved, they weren't.
          That's what I'm thinking too.
          Legally I think they'd HAVE to tell the parents if their children were abused.

However if you suspect the church group is holding information back, I'd suggest getting legal advice to see what your options are.

Comment

To be honest, I'm not sure if it's the personnel committee or our Admin. committee which would be holding info back - I do know that when a "Revitalizing the Preschool" committee was recently informed, one of the parents expressed his frustration at kept in the dark regarding the situation, and didn't really get a response. (my sister had attended this meeting, and this is what she told me)

Comment

Working...
            X