• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
    I get it from every angle at work.

Take that statement as you will.
    Is your place hiring?

Rapscallion
    Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
    Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
      In Australia, because we wear uniforms at most schools, a lot of schools do a casual day.
      They do that here in Canada too with schools that wear uniforms.
      Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Originally posted by Ree View Post
        They do that here in Canada too with schools that wear uniforms.
        I was in public school, no uniforms, so usually they were themed days ( Like donate $5 and you should come to school in your pajamas or something ). We only did fundraisers for 3 things though: 1) Raising money for a big event ( like a dance or something ) 2) Raising money for a big trip ( not a field trip, but if you took French till 11-12 you got to go to Paris ) or 3) Raising money for prom. Was always something specific, and you always benefited directly from whatever it was you were fundraising for ( IE only the French class had to fundraise for their trip or only the grads fundraised for prom ).

We never sold anything though. Not off school grounds anyway. IE we never brought shit home with us. Everything was done on school grounds or with local businesses ( Who could get their ads in our yearbooks for donating ).

Comment

Yeah, daycares do them, too. I never did them, I would just donate money to them. And I donated money to them regardless of if they were doing a fundraiser or not if the need arose. But then, they actually bothered to communicate with me about their needs and what was going on with the place and whatnot. There was not this layer of radio silence.

Friends of mine on the street I live on are the same way. One of the dads was all like "look, can I just cut you a check? I'm not going around selling shit." Except he asked what the fundraiser was for and HE got radio silence.

So yeah. Not going to be pulling in a lot of money, I predict.

Comment

When my sister was little and in kid scouts they started the thing where, instead of having the girls go door to door or if someone didn't know a girl scout they could call the council and give there information which would be passed onto a troop. They got registered one sex offender where my dad went over in his police uniform to deliver the cookies. I guess the pervert still had the nerve with a cop on his front porch delivering the cookies to ask if he could see a girl scout. He decided to shut up and hand over the money at the point my dad pulled out his cuffs and asked if he was trying to solicit contact from a minor which he was forbidden to do.
            Needless to say, fundraisers where you go door to door I think are done, not to mention the amount of times people decide to change their mind when you show up and ask for them money.

I agree with the thought of asking how much your going to raise by doing X and just giving that money over instead of well. Sell $500 and the school gets a whole maybe $50, but really the effort and time to make and deliver those sales are WAY more than trying to pick up an extra shift.

Comment

Working...
            X