People who feel superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who feel superior

I am posting this here but it may belong in social woes.

I have recently become burned out on people who discount the worthiness of anyone who is not exactly like them and those who, for whatever reason, are unable to do "the right thing" in their eyes. I am not talking about reasonable, intelligent debates about law or morality. I am talking about the types of people who feel superior enough to believe that they can, and should, be able to control the lives of others.

Several students on my campus are constantly pushing their uneducated ideas about how other people should live their lives. They refuse to admit that there is any situation that a person may need help and cannot do it alone. They advocate for the the death and even murder of populations that they decide are worthless such as:

Prisoners serving life (the want to see prisoners put in situations similar to dog fights and have people pay to watch)
    Gang members (they advocate for the mass slaughter of all involved---even children)
    The want to see unemployment and welfare completely removed.
    They believe that people should work any number of hours and in any conditions that the great, business deem appropriate and never complain.
    They believe in the use of instant death penalties for even minor offenses.
    And on and on...

I do not understand how anyone can feel so very confident in their knowledges and experiences to justify imposing suffering and death on other humans. I cannot even process the concept that these people could enjoy watching another person suffer for their amusement. They truly believe that the mass slaughter of all who are not like them is the solution to all of societies problems.

I cannot adequately put into words all of the horrors that they want to see happen and how sick it makes me...

I hear you.

I think some people just want to punish others and wave their fingers about how they should have taken responsibility for their actions. They want to be the bigger man by putting others down, which is no different than what bullies do. The only difference is that they can come across as "morally superior" by talking about responsibiliy and other bullshit. I still feel this way to an extent, but only with really henious crimes (like murder and rape). The problem is so many like to punish the hell out of people for things like drug possession or being unemployed.

That's why I generally dislike conservatives.

Comment

They believe that people should work any number of hours and in any conditions that the great, business deem appropriate and never complain.
      Let me guess, trust fund kiddies living off the parents?

They believe in the use of instant death penalties for even minor offenses.
      As in street Judges? I'm good with that, they'd probably be some of the first to get hoisted by their own petard.
      I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
      Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Glados View Post
        I
        These two are mutually exclusive. If companies could make people work any number of hours they deemed necessary, they could get away with hiring far less people.

Comment

Working...
        X