You're a homophobe!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're a homophobe!!!!!

<Sighs> I'm sorry but I guess I am a horrible contemptible worthless human being. I am a homophobic piece of shit. Why? Because I don't like Rosie O'Donnell(sp?) . Background: When I was at college I was walking across campus, minding my own business, when a soon-to-be-ex friend came running up to me:
    <note I had once told the guy that I attempted suicide, this is important.>
    Me:me
    FF: former friend

FF: Rosie O'Donnell is on TV!!
    Me: okay..
    FF: Don't you like Rosie O'Donnell??!!!
    Me: Well, not really....
    FF: Oh my god!!! I guess you never know!! You hate gays!!!
    Me:
    FF: Get away from me!!!
    Me: Okay..
    FF: You are a worthless homophobe!!! You are a misogynist!!! You are a Nazi!!!!
    Me: I'm sorry...
    FF: Sorry doesn't even begin to cover you ,you stupid piece of shit!! I guess you want all gays sent to concentration camps!
    Me: No! I..
    FF: You know it's too bad you didn't succeed when you tried to commit suicide. The world would be better off without you! You stupid ignorant, inbred hick!!!
    Me
    FF: Yeah cry.Why don't you just die!!

Originally posted by thefirst48 View Post
    FF: Sorry doesn't even begin to cover you ,you stupid piece of shit!! I guess you want all gays sent to concentration camps!
    TEH STUPIDZ IT BURNS!!! I mean, I haven't even seen people come up with arguements as ridiculous as that in this thread. And we were actually trying to come up with assine generalizations there!

Ex friend sounds like a nutcase.

Comment

Since I don't like Rosie O'Donnell, I guess I'm a homophobe as well. Sorry, but I find her annoying. Even more so, I don't find Ellen DeGeneres funny at all. How she still has the spotlight I'll never know.

Comment

All I can say is...

I never realized you had to like ALL members of a particular orientation in order not to be branded a homophobic Nazi. The things you learn...

*I* don't like Rosie O'Donnell very much and I'm bi. Does that mean I hate myself?
        "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

I've never liked Rosie.....but I like Ellen. What does that mean? >.>

Comment

Hell, I think Rosie is an annoying brat... I never knew I wanted to send myself to a concentration camp...
            ... then again, I've also been told I'm only gay because I don't like football, so the stupid things people say about sexual orientation don't surprise me too much anymore.
            "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Originally posted by thefirst48 View Post
              FF: You know it's too bad you didn't succeed when you tried to commit suicide. The world would be better off without you! You stupid ignorant, inbred hick!!!
              Me
              FF: Yeah cry.Why don't you just die!!
              You know...that is a seriously fucked up thing to say to anyone, much less someone who has confided in you that they've attempted to commit suicide.

What is wrong with people?
              Do not lead, for I may not follow. Do not follow, for I may not lead. Just go over there somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Eisa View Post
                *I* don't like Rosie O'Donnell very much and I'm bi. Does that mean I hate myself?
                Only half of yourself.
                I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

I realize that you probably gave us an abridged version of the conversation you had with your former friend, but your version of events doesn't ring true. We're either missing quite a few details here that would fill in those holes, or you're exaggerating what happened more than a little.

This person used to be approachable and friendly enough for you to open up to at one point, and now they've turned to raving like a lunatic in the public square? It doesn't make sense.

Comment

I realize that you probably gave us an abridged version of the conversation you had with your former friend, but your version of events doesn't ring true. We're either missing quite a few details here that would fill in those holes, or you're exaggerating what happened more than a little.

This person used to be approachable and friendly enough for you to open up to at one point, and now they've turned to raving like a lunatic in the public square? It doesn't make sense.
                    Repeated conversations are usually made up, but the context is usually the same.

It'd be like "...and then the teacher gave me 900 hours of math homework!" No she didn't, we know she didn't, we know you know she didn't, and no one faults your credibility for an exaggeration.

Besides, all the OP had to write was:

When I was at college I was walking across campus,
                    and at least I knew there was going to be some raving idiot come yelling about something inconsequential and wildly inaccurate.

Comment

I had not even heard about Rosie McDonnell before. I wonder what that means about my feelings about homosexuality.

Comment

no blankety blank idea either*, ellen degeneres I had heard of and saw her sitcom, it were OK, then she came out of the closet and it was canceled, that or it was canceled anyway but by the time we got the last episode in the UK it timed itself to seem that way.

If story is true than thats a nut job friend you are better off not having, I would have laughed in their face and told them they had their head up their arse if me not liking someone x made me not like all of x.

*edit
                        Originally posted by Mikkel View Post
                        I had not even heard about Rosie McDonnell before. I wonder what that means about my feelings about homosexuality.
                        I knew of a rosie similar name and wasn't too sure if it was betty rubble from the live action flintstones, seems this post was the only McDonnell reference after a quick scan all others seemed to be O'Donnell who was Betty Rubble so I do know of her, just tbh couldn't give a flying who she shagged.
                        Last edited by Ginger Tea; 09-20-2011, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Never been a fan of Rosie. Just means I don't like her show. I have no idea about her as a person.

I liked Ellen's comedy before she got her show, but I never watched the show. I do know it lasted for a whole season past when she came out on it. From what I understand it was network meddling that killed it and not what she wanted to do with it, but it did last for a year after it started being more about her being gay than just observational humor.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post

Besides, all the OP had to write was:

When I was at college I was walking across campus,
                            and at least I knew there was going to be some raving idiot come yelling about something inconsequential and wildly inaccurate.
                            No, not really, because it was very important to the story to note that this was someone the OP knew well enough to have confided a suicide attempt, since it was used against the OP during the rant.
                            That's why it's so bizarre that the former friend went off the deep end to such an extreme so quickly, making accusations of homophobia and Nazism.
                            If they were friends, why would the guy suddenly just start making a random accusation of homophobia just because someone said they didn't want to watch a TV show?

Yeah, either details are missing or this is really exaggerated.
                            Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

And sometimes people just start raging. I used to have a coworker who was sociable, friendly, and everyone got along with him. Until one day I was talking to another worker about Washington DC and how I'd love to see the Holocaust museum. Suddenly other coworker jumped in and started raging & yelling about how the events of WWII were all a fabrication perpetrated by such-and-such a group, etc etc etc. I never would've seen it coming. He was a coworker, so I kept things civil and never ever mentioned anything about history or museums again.

And while I'd expect to have a deeper understanding of a close friend's personal beliefs, sometimes you aren't aware of the trigger.

Comment

Working...
                              X