Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You didn't give me that option!

So I got a new computer. (Yay!)
    The only bad thing was we paid $36 shipping, when the site said $.97 shipping. Thing is none of the shipping options gave me the $.97 shipping. I wasn't given the ship to store option either. I tried to contact Walmart.com and they're all like "well you ordered expedited shipping so yeah you got charged a lot" and I'm like "I HAD NO FUCKING CHOICE!"
    I feel like they gave me only expedited shipping options because I'm in HI, while if I were on the mainland I would have had other, cheaper, shipping options.

that may be true. i know when i order stuff from the states, it sometimes limits the shipping choices to canada to the higher-rated ones even though i dont mind waiting 6 weeks to pay less.
    All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Hmm, you raise a good point and you're probably right. There's likely a disclaimer somewhere about the special shipping cost only applying to continental US. You know, on page four, 2/3 way to the bottom on the right side in size 6 font.

Comment

maybe size 8, if they are feeling generous.
        All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

I know when I worked in a catalog call center in Wisconsin, we could ship to HI/AK but we only did expedited/air shipments to those states. I believe the reason was that ground shipping took so long and sometimes didn't show up within even the standard HI/AK ground timeframe, or not show up at all, and the company ended up re-shipping many ground orders via expedited or air anyway, so eventually they just made that the only option.

Sucks, but there you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Akasa View Post
            I feel like they gave me only expedited shipping options because I'm in HI, while if I were on the mainland I would have had other, cheaper, shipping options.
            When the cheap-cheap shipping is via ground, it's pretty much a no-go when the area you happen to live is across a good deal of water.

It's not Walmart's fault that you live somewhere that requires multiple forms of transport.

In fact, if you go to "Help" and put in the term "shipping" you'll find that the #10 respons is for "97 cent shipping."
            Originally posted by Walmart Help
            97-Cent Shipping
            Certain items are sometimes offered with a special shipping rate of 97 cents, subject to the following terms:

* 97-Cent Shipping only applies to Standard Shipping
            * Offer not available for deliveries to Alaska, Hawaii, US protectorates or territories
            * Items eligible for this special rate are subject to change
            ^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

You live in Hawaii... as I understand it, that makes *everything* involving transportation costs (so, pretty much everything) expensive. On the bright side: you live in Hawaii!
              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Thank God that to get stuff here, you pay for it to go to one of the US states. No international fees. Then the military ships it from there. Sucks though when my friend who was in Scotland sent me stuff. First it had to go across the Atlantic to the US location, then back over the Atlantic again. Oddly enough, that was faster than when she sent me stuff from Canada. Man Canada's postal system is slow.
                Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Working...
                X