X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Lost. Get Over It.

Sports related.

I can't stand sore losers.

Your team lost. Big deal. Everyone loses occasionally. Rarely, but sometimes, even the Packers lose.

Anyway, there were a lot of buttsore Bears fans today. One was my cousin (the one who tried to start a FB fight with my grandma last week) and a childhood friend, both Bears fans.

It's not going to change the score or the game, whining on FB or on sports pages that the referees preferred the Packers, the game was rigged, this or that wouldn't fly if X was still on the team, blah blah blah blah.

Shut up. Get over it. You want to know who really cheated? The Patriots, a while back. Packers didn't cheat and no one rigged the game or the referees. Get over yourself.

Sounds like a couple of Liverpool fans I encountered recently, right after my team Spurs whipped them. One saw me wearing my football shirt and hissed at me; another said, "Well, Spurs only won cuz the referee favoured them." What the hell? I watched that match; I have absolutely no idea where that train of thought came from. Just accept it; your team got beaten, the end.
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

If it was some team I personally was on and I got cheated you can bet I'd be sore about it too, but if it was just a bunch of guys living 1000 miles away? I don't care bout that.

Comment

If it's their team, the whinging is considered being a sore loser. If it's your team, it's fair protest because the calls were bad or something.

Comment

I watched that Bears/Packers game, and the Bears were their own worst enemy. Couldn't handle the damn ball, couldn't play defense. You can't play like that against Rodgers.

Comment

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I would go further and say that YOU (you being, for the sake of this discussion, the douchbag sports fans that need to get lives) only lost if YOU were on whatever sports team, playing whatever sport, and had some chance of getting your hands on whatever actual ball.

Otherwise, you didn't lose shit. Unless you betted on it, then you lost. But otherwise, you neither lost nor did you win. (Hooray, we won! We won! Uh, no, you didn't. You sat in your living room drinking beer all afternoon.)

Plus, it's a GAME. Who cares? Why is it worth being a tool to other people over? why is it worth vandalizing property, rioting, assault, or even the aformentioned hissing? It's something schoolboys play! I don't really care if someone wants to paint their shaved head orange over it, but how come nobody even blinks if someone does that, or screames "go cocks!" (I'm not kidding) in the street, but if someone even mentions that they like to, say, play D&D, all of a sudden THEY need to "get a life?"

We are living in an insane asylum.

Can you tell I live in a college town?

Comment

You're talking about "Da Bears"? Yeah, they haven't been good in years! What are your friends/family thinking?

My dad is an Eagles fan. If they lose, they lose, and he just says they'll win the next game, and roots for them like always.

Mr. Rum is a Redskins fan. He's the same way. He doesn't care if they win or lose. He still likes to watch them.

We need more level-headed fans.

Or am I stating the obvious?
              Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

Fiance is a Packers fan, and he's....passionate. But, if they do poorly, he'll yell at the TV, post a FB status and that's it.

I also live in a college town, and it does get a bit ridiculous. But, when it comes to the NCAA tournament, there are some real, tangible, financial reasons to want your school to win. When we won it...4 years ago? Tens of thousands of people crowded into our downtown to party, everybody and their cousin was buying t-shirts and other gear, and we had record enrollment the next year. Yes, more people came to our school because we won the NCAA tournament. So, yes, I hope like hell that the Jayhawks win it every year, because it's so good for the school and local businesses. (Not to mention having a couple of days off of school.)

Comment

My Dolphins are 0-3. I just can't bring myself to be that upset about it, since last year was pretty awful as well....it's just a never ending series of heartbreaks and I just can't lose sleep over it anymore, I have too much going on in my life. I would love to see them win, don't get me wrong, I just got used to them refusing to leave the Village of Suckitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
                    If it's their team, the whinging is considered being a sore loser. If it's your team, it's fair protest because the calls were bad or something.
                    Not for me; I'm used to Spurs being crap. XD So when they actually win for once, it's quite fun.
                    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

I live in a college town, the one with The Ohio State University. Here, the sports fever gets really intense in mid to late November when OSU plays the University Of Michigan. Campus is inundated with all kinds of pro OSU and anti Michigan hysteria. For the past seven or eight OSU/Michigan games, OSU has won. However, I'm wondering if this will be a year Michigan wins, given all the scandals, player suspensions, etc. We'll see.

Comment

Blas,

this is just the 2010 Playoffs Version 2.0. I remember all of the crap that Chicago bleeted after the loss in the NFC Champoinship that got the Pakers into the Superbowl.

I was tempted to post the link to "Da Bears Still Suck" but I thought better of it.

ETA:
                        and you know the same thing will happen after the annual Christmas Day game esp if the Packers WIN
                        Last edited by Racket_Man; 09-27-2011, 09:11 AM.
                        I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                        The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

My grandparents who were visiting (from WA, Seahawk fans ROFLMAO) kept taunting "You just wait, your Packers are gonna run out of luck!"

According to my grandpa, that's all the Packers have been running on since last season is luck. Hahahaha.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Are you fucking kidding me?

Comment

Aaron Rodgers doesn't need luck. He's got those...eyes....chin....rear....wait, what were we talking about?

Comment

And then we have the Beast himself....Clay Matthews.

Sorry, I better go before I overexcite myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X