No announcement yet.

Lookie Loos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was nothing wrong with people calling you out for being pushy and rude and painting customers with a stereotypical rude brush.

Everyone has a right to know what they are getting into before they buy.

I'll never take the word of a commissioned person feeding me lines and calling themselves a "sleep expert" before I do some research and make my own informed decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
      That being said... www.tipthepizzaguy.com... emblazon your delivery vehicle with this website address... I've seen delivery drivers put it on their rear window with white vinyl letters... check the site out, find out the message they're sending to the public, and then pimp the SHIT out of that site!

Also, keep a list of non-tippers AND DON'T DELIVER TO THEM! Flag their info in the system as a NON-TIPPER, CARRY OUT ONLY! You don't want to tip the driver, come pick it up your DAMN self!
      I already know about TTPG. I have been a memeber there for many a moon the problem is is that if one works for certain companies and puts the TTPG site on their car, they will be ordered to remove said website reference from their vehicles or they can and will be fired.

as for banning non-tippers to carry-out only NOT HAPPENING at any pizza company these days. a customer can be a serial stiffer, rude as hell to the CSF, Manager, area manager corp staff AND the driver AND a multi-level scammer and the companies will CONTNUE to bend over backwards to deliver to/accept orders from/accept dollars from these "customers".

The domestic pizza market has become increasingly more competative these days. back in the day there was only 1 plus any local or small regional chain. then there were 2 or 3 plus the indies. NOW there are hundreds of companies all competing for those shrinking and fleeting revenue dollars. and they have to compete with lots of other food related businesses. the Big 3 pizza companies growth is now OVERSEAS in India and China. the domestic growth has plateaued in the last 10 to 15 years. all that changes is who owns the physical restaurant(s) either corp or a franchise

the companies WANT and NEED ANY revenue they can get. the older "Dinasour" companies are getting squeezed out of the market. these days they (meaning the bigger companies) only seem to cater to the lowest common denominator of customers and their product AND markieting practices reflects that desperation for any revenue they can get.
      I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
      The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Originally posted by Racket_Man View Post
        I already know about TTPG. I have been a memeber there for many a moon the problem is is that if one works for certain companies and puts the TTPG site on their car, they will be ordered to remove said website reference from their vehicles or they can and will be fired.
        RM, I realize that in your market the chains may be different than in mine (different countries), but could you tell me some companies which order drivers to take the website reference off their cars and which don't? I'd rather do business with companies that believe in freedom of speech. Also (would be a bad idea for a driver who's been ordered to take it off, because their boss would be suspicious of them already), do you know of anyone who's put the IP address (what a DNS gives out when you put in the URL) on their car?

I've had bad experiences with "professional" salespeople for computer equipment, vacuum cleaners, and fridges either not paying attention or outright lying to me.

Computers: Many years ago (a 286/12 was still a respectable system), I was looking for an SVGA card that supported VESA-compliant SVGA modes. When I explained what I was looking for, the Future Shop salesman told me "There's no way different companies would co-operate to make their cards work the same - this card is supported by all software publishers". Needless to say, that card (which I didn't buy) wasn't VESA compliant, and had minimal if any support.

Vacuum cleaners: Future shop again. I told them what my absolute limit was, and why (I had already seen one elsewhere at that price). When they didnt have what I wanted at less than that price, they asked "how flexible are you on price?"

Refrigerators: This was a couple years before the ban on R12 for home fridges. I was at The Brick checking out fridges. I would open one, look inside, close it, and go on to the next. Finally, I opened one, looked inside, then got out a tape measure and started recording various dimensions (obviously found something I liked about it). At this point a salesman came over and asked what I was looking for. I told him I wanted a fridge that used the new ozone-friendly refrigerant because any service that required opening up the "coldworks" would involve a recharge, and there was a high probability that the old refrigerant would no longer be legal to supply for recharges, so a fridge that used it would be junk. He told me he had just what I was looking for, and guided me to a fridge with a big "ozone friendly" sticker on the door. Turns out it was the blowing agent for the foam that was ozone-friendly (something that never needs to be replaced), and it used R12 as the refrigerant. It was also one of the fridges I had opened, looked inside, and gone on to the next (after seeing on the permanent "specifications" label that it used R12).

Comment

Working...
        X