Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unsure of a title - sue happy society, stupid mothers, and some other stuffs (LONG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I love about the SCA...people do tend to run towards the sound of mayhem instead of away from it.

I have more than once witnessed SCAdians...men AND women... immediately drop what they were doing and run...not walk...towards the sound or sight of someone in trouble. I've seen them take care of business.

I guess when you have a bunch of people whose idea of recreation is clubbing or stabbing each other black and blue, it should come as no great shock that they're not afraid to get their hands dirty and suffer a few bruises.

Makes me proud.

Comment

Heh, yeah.

My boyfriend is SCAdian. (former...? On hiatus...or something...anyways...) he has a fairly sizable collection of sharp pointy objects, and upon finding out what happened, proceeded to tell me he was dropping me at home, and going out, and he'd see me on Sunday...

Yes, he was going to take a 12 hour trip to my hometown to beat the everloving shit out of this guy, saying they'd need a sponge to get all the bits of him up when he was done. Proud of him and REALLY wanted him to, but...wanted him with me, more, since I had no one to cry on. Plus, he wouldn't have let me help, due to the fact that I'm a klutz, and he didn't want me to hurt myself... >.>

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
        When you weigh the choice between letting a coworker be beaten, possibly to death, and the potential for the store being liable for you stepping up to stop that beating, and you come out in favor of letting the coworker get beaten to death, you are a sociopath.
        And dumber than Spam. Did that idiot honestly think that the family of the employee wouldn't sue the company, but the family of the loony would? Either way, they'd be in legal hot water, so why not grow a spine and do the right thing?
        Originally posted by lupo pazzesco View Post
        Right now she's taking 800mg motrins to help with inflammation and cyclobenzapine at night to help her sleep (I think that's the name of the relaxant she's on...)
        OOH. Be careful with the cyclobenzaprine. I took that for a while for tenosynovitis and it left me with suicidal feelings. If your sister is having strange reactions like that at all, make sure she tells the doctor.
        People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
        If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

To be (perhaps overly) fair, in the middle of that sort of a situation is far from ideal conditions for rational, well-balanced thought.

Remember the story on CS (I think it was Ree's) about straightening up the condiments while the store was burning down?
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
            Remember the story on CS (I think it was Ree's) about straightening up the condiments while the store was burning down?
            Yep...that was me.
            Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Working...
            X