Bigots who cry persecution.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigots who cry persecution.

Or at least act like they are the poor wittle minorities who are being abused. They make ridiculous claims, like that gays are the devil, Jews are to blame for 9/11, women should be submissive to men, disobediiant children should be stoned to death, everyone is going to hell, and numerous other offensive and dangerous views with nothing to base on.

Then when people call them out on it, and are justifiably disturbed by what they are advocating, they get defensive. "Oh poor me I was only expressing my opinion and everyone gained up on me" wah wah wah cry me a river. Either that or they assume that the 99% of the population who reacted unfavorably towards them are just brainwashed by some PC new age agenda. Yeah, that evil new age agenda which promotes equality and NOT hating others based on age, gender, race, and sexual orientation. Because that's such an evil message!

Sometimes, all there is to say, at least for now, is

AMEN!

(But the character limit won't allow that )
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

The character limit is the devil!

Comment

Its one of the curses of our society. They have no problems exercising thier right to free speech, but will instantly claim persecution if you disagree with them.

Comment

Sticking with examples from the area of this that I know best: Apparently it's perfectly fine to claim that those trying to marry really want to destroy all of civilization or are equivalent to (or even *are*) child molesters... but it's "defamation" to say such claims are neither fair, polite, nor true. This use of the word "defamation" from the side that has spent years going on about how it's wrong to "redefine" words.
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by bara View Post
            Its one of the curses of our society. They have no problems exercising thier right to free speech, but will instantly claim persecution if you disagree with them.
            Exactly. They believe they have freedom of speech, which they do. They can't seem to understand that everyone else does as well.
            --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Well I thoroughly believe a large percentage of the world's humans have been brainwashed into some pretty crazy shit....I can totally see someone getting upset because he made a comment which someone else might deem as racist. Even though it's not, but that person has been brainwashed into believing it's racism, as well as the other monkeys they've managed to brainwash.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
                Well I thoroughly believe a large percentage of the world's humans have been brainwashed into some pretty crazy shit....I can totally see someone getting upset because he made a comment which someone else might deem as racist. Even though it's not, but that person has been brainwashed into believing it's racism, as well as the other monkeys they've managed to brainwash.
                I believe it depends on the comment, though YMMV on where the line is drawn.

I remember being put on the defensive for saying something to the effect of "It was scary, I think I was the only white person there.". Keep in mind, the place I felt unsafe was near Detroit, possibly one of the worst cities in America for crime. I could see how it could be taken as racist, but I didn't really mean it that way.

With that said, the ones I were ranting about were clearly racist with bigotted views. Stuff like "Jews are to blame for 9/11", "Hurricane Katrina was god's punishment for gays". This is stuff that is clearly out there with no backing. And the people who spew this stuff make insane leeps of logic. They act like we're brainwashed when most likely they are the ones who are brainwashed.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
                  Exactly. They believe they have freedom of speech, which they do. They can't seem to understand that everyone else does as well.
                  My favorites are the people who cry "freedom of speech" when called out by other posters on message boards, or complain about getting their over-the-top comments pulled by said boards' moderators. They don't seem to grasp that the first amendment is about what the government can do, not private companies who allow you to post your thoughts on their websites, or other people commenting on same.
                  I'm liberal on some issues and conservative on others. For example, I would not burn a flag, but neither would I put one out. -Garry Shandling

You can't believe in something you don't. -Ricky Gervais

Comment

Originally posted by BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    They don't seem to grasp that the first amendment is about what the government can do, not private companies who allow you to post your thoughts on their websites, or other people commenting on same.
                    Even funnier when they try it on a board that's not located in the U.S. Like this one.
                    --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
                      Even funnier when they try it on a board that's not located in the U.S. Like this one.
                      HAHAHA this is the best. I love it when they are aghast, you mean the internet isn't American

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        They don't seem to grasp that the first amendment is about what the government can do, not private companies who allow you to post your thoughts on their websites, or other people commenting on same.
                        Not only that, but they don't understand freedom of speech goes both ways.
                        They are free to spout whatever bigoted bullshit they want
                        I am free to call them bigoted assholes
                        "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

I'm pretty sure I could probably get one of the fear mongers to use this phrase "WHAT, your kidding me, freedom of speech applies to blacks, gays, Hispanics and other undesirables??? you can't be serious? say it ain't so! but I have the right to bash them!!! Furthermore, if they say anything about me or have a different view I will get them for slander and libel!!!!!!"

I am getting sick of people freaking out if you have a viewpoint that is different from what they believe, especially when you have a sound argument to back it up. But if it goes against their ways it just can't be right. For instance, I don't think gays will do any more damage to sanctity of marriage than J-Lo or Brittany Spears have tired or any other hollywood couple who makes a mockery of committing to another.

Comment

Originally posted by insertNameHere View Post
                            For instance, I don't think gays will do any more damage to sanctity of marriage than J-Lo or Brittany Spears have tired or any other hollywood couple who makes a mockery of committing to another.
                            As it is that we will cause no damage to the sanctity of marriage, I'd call that a fair statement
                            "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Lately I've seen several claims that the First Amendment protection of freedom of religion only applies to Christians. Presumably "Christian" as defined by those making such a claim.

Comment

Working...
                              X