Stupid Kids!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Kids!

Okay.. true none of are overly fond of stupidity.

But these is a specail kind of stupid. The neighbor kids play in the road. IN and of itself I could care less. After all, I played in the road as a kid as did my friends.

Of course there is ONE major difference. Not only did we watch for cars, but we actually freaking got out of the road if we saw one. We didnt just stare at it.

I will hear people blare on thier horn, about 3PM every day. This is a sign they have gotten out of school for the day. Peope honk at them because they will walk in the middle of the road and will NOT get out of the way. The kids (ages less than 13) will then proceed to laugh and curse at the drivers. I guess they think its a big joke.

People dont slow down until they are almost on top of them (the drivers faults of course), but these kids dont seem to understand that even at 25 mph (the posted speed limit) that massive damage can be done to the human body.

What I really really hate, is that they continue to rough house even when they do get out of the way. Keeping in mind they are right on the side of the road. One of these days one of these stupid kids is going to get hurt/cause an accident and even if the driver of the vehicle is doing the right thing, it wont matter.

But the.. it could be dawrin at work, merely waiting for the right moment.

Reminds me of various stupid brats who come to the petrol station forecourt to ride their bikes and skateboard. -.- They are in danger of getting run over, and we're always having to field complaints from customers who nearly made one of those kids take a dirt nap cuz the kid cycled/skated in front of their car. Sometimes tho, especially if it's busy, we just can't run out there and tell them to bugger off, cuz we have queues to hell.

If it's not busy, we have two choices. Either we call up the security guard accross the road, who is very good at dealing with these brats, or one of us goes out and tells the kids to leave. That however depends on who's currently working there as some of us, myself included, don't feel very happy about going outside and confronting a group of teenage boys.

Often, especially when the customer complaining about the kids is some strapping six footer, I think to myself, "Why are you asking ME to go out there and get rid of them, when they'd be far more likely to take notice of you?" We have had a few customers do that, so it beggars belief when a six foot man with a sixpack to match comes in and expects a woman or a teenage girl to go outside and confront a pack of teenagers. -.-
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

They need to change the laws so that if some kid runs out in the road, it's not the driver's fault. Breed out the stupidity!

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
        They need to change the laws so that if some kid runs out in the road, it's not the driver's fault. Breed out the stupidity!
        You know how some people will deliberately hit a cat with their car, even when they could have avoided it? Because they like hitting animals with their cars?

You'd have people doing that with children. Not all of them would do that, of course, but some would if they knew the law would be on their side.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

where I came from swerving to not hit a cat is illegal, as the possible disruption of traffic weights more heavily then the death of a cat.

It is different if is something like a horse, where it can actually cause a somewhat big accident.

Comment

Originally posted by bara View Post
            I will hear people blare on thier horn, about 3PM every day. This is a sign they have gotten out of school for the day. Peope honk at them because they will walk in the middle of the road and will NOT get out of the way. The kids (ages less than 13) will then proceed to laugh and curse at the drivers. I guess they think its a big joke.
            I have a sure-fire way to get them to scatter. That is, I'd put the Mazda into neutral (still rolling forward though), and blip the throttle. They all scattered pretty damn quickly.

Comment

Working...
            X