The need to argue....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The need to argue....

So the mother-in-law got rid of her boyfriend a while back...not sure if i posted anything about that....but anyway he's being a giant dick about it now. He's spent the last few days drinking and posting things on facebook.

Now, I know the best course of action here is to ignore him. Be the bigger man, take the high road, be better than him, and ignore it. Don't let him troll me. Whatever.

I'm really trying to do all that! But DAMN don't I want to respond and put him in his place! Except I have to keep telling myself that no matter how right I am, no matter how much I flood his inbox with factual statements and logic, none of it will make ANY DIFFERENCE AT ALL!!

And it's so frustrating because I REALLY WANT TO ARGUE WITH HIM! lol....

To paraphrase:

Don't argue with swine; the swine likes it and you just end up covered in mud.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

or the "don't argue with idiots" line, cuz its true. You can't argue with him because the wild leaps and bounds he makes with his so called "logic" are just out there. It's one of those thinsg where you can't even comprehend what he just said it was so out there, and therefore have no real response, and so he "Wins".

Comment

eh, just block him and delete him and forget him easiest thing to do.
        All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Yeah but part of me wants to subtly provoke him to do something stupid like post on my wall that he has a gun and is going to shoot me.

Comment

Working...
          X