Appleholes **RANTY**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appleholes **RANTY**

If you're wondering about my thread title, it's a portmanteau of Apple and asshole. In short, it's about the end lusers and sucky customers that look down on those that don't have an iPhone and also have a huge entitlement mentality. When I did cellphone sales for a certain unnamed provider, these Appleholes were the SC's I despised because they would demand to get any perks or any new iPhone or something close to it which was top dollar and pay only bottom dollar because they thought they were so fucking "speshul". Yeah, they sure are "speshul" alright. Then there's the end lusers that would try and act so smart and if they're wrong (which they usually are) they would argue with you till the cows come home or carry on and on about how right they (think) they are and that "I don't know shit about technology!!!11!!!!11!!" Fuck your proprietary software, fuck your sense of entitlement, fuck your arrogant attitudes and <Dave Chapelle> FUCK YO' iPHONES !!! FUCK YO' iPHONES!!!! </Dave Chapelle>
    Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 10-06-2011, 02:28 AM.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Dang, I thought this was going to be about a bakery product I hadn't heard of yet.

So... not a new type of pastry. A subset of iPhone customers. Got it
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

The timing of this thread is interesting.

Rapscallion
      Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

That's what I was thinking
        I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
        Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
          The timing of this thread is interesting.

Rapscallion
          Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
          That's what I was thinking
          Yeah...pretty crappy timing. FTR,I always admired Steve Jobs for his savviness and entrepreneurship. May he rest in peace. But the "people" that use the iPhones (the sucky ones), I can't stand. I had all that loathing of them bottled up for a while and just had to get it out.
          There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

My iphone says, you have no idea what you're talking about...
            "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
            "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

For the record I have no problem with Steve Jobs the man. I respect him greatly for what he did. Apple on the other hand is a different story.

I think Apple products are cool in general but have no desire really to own one myself due to several bad experiences in the past (went through 3 ipods in 2 years). I do think it's monumentally stupid to think someone is "out of touch" or somehow lower class simply because they aren't walking around with an Iphone or Ipad in their pocket.

Comment

They're fanbois. Insecure fanbois.

Ignore 'em. They're not worth even getting irritated over.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I have had an iphone before. But I was never one of the sucky ones. Sometime, I will get another one.

Comment

Should I feel embarrassed that I have and use Apple products, because other people who use them are obnoxious about it?
                    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Nope. 'Cause the other side(s) has the same exact insecure fanboi twats who'll spew the same shit for the same reason.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Apple cultists are crazy. Anti-Apple cultists are crazier

Comment

Considering the blazing row I got into on this forum about my choice of a smartphone I'm not even going to touch this one with regards to my preference for iPhones or why I made the decision to go with them.

I will however simply state that I respect people for their choices in smart phones. I chose iPhone because it met my needs better than the others. Some may choose blackberry or Android for similar reasons covering different needs.

Others still may simply not want all the bells and whistles of the smart phones and wish to keep it simple. I can respect that as well.

It was MY choice made to fit MY circumstances and MY needs. Others are free to make their choices to meet theirs.

Besides, without competition whomever was the sole provider of smart phones would have no reason to innovate and the market would stagnate. It's like how nVidia and ATI got into a pissing contest on who was going to be the best video card maker on the planet and now they both have rock solid products.
                          “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

I have yet to meet an iEliteist in real life (think thats a new phrase that one) or extreme fanboy of any platform.
                            Online yes, yes I have.

Originally I got my classic iPod over all other mp3 players as at the time, without internet access to look/buy online, no one was selling locally anything that came close to 160gb of storage for the price, most modles were 64gb max flash drives and priced similarly.
                            So the £/GB ratio won out on that one.

After accidentally cracking the screen and thus killing my LG Viewity I upgraded to an iPhone 4 just to see what the fuss was about, I hardly use any extended features, just phone/text google maps and the occasional web browse.
                            But it has relegated my iPod to an external HDD as I have enough music on it to not cart around 2 mp3 players.

I fequent a developers forum for a niche product (just to see what others are doing, I no longer use said product) and alot talk about migrating projects to iOS/Android, for a developer aside from Apples draconian flaming hoops, its a better platform to work on as there are only a few variants, where as Android has one for each day of the year and compatibility issues might have you working on the lowest common demominator or risk alienating a large percentage of your userbase by relying on technology not found in more widespread cheaper modles.
                            Some have stated they own over 5 android devices purely for testing purposes.

Kinda like how there is only one xbox 360 but way too many combinations of PC's.
                            Last edited by Ginger Tea; 10-07-2011, 08:54 AM. Reason: changed week to year typeo

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
                              I have yet to meet an iEliteist in real life (think thats a new phrase that one) or extreme fanboy of any platform.
                              Online yes, yes I have.
                              Sadly that's where I run into them the most. And it's not just iPod/Phone/Pad elitists. You'll find Mac vs. PC, Windows vs. Linux, Xbox vs. PS3 vs. Wii, PSP vs. DS...the list goes on. If there are more than one choice of something you are going to have blazing rows over it and rabid fanboys and girls flinging more poo than an infinite number of laxative-fed monkeys.

In real life most people just use the products and violently ignore the world around them while they're using it. The average Android user is too busy using their various apps to even notice that someone near them is contaminating their airspace with an Apple product. And vice-versa.

Originally I got my classic iPod over all other mp3 players as at the time...So the £/GB ratio won out on that one.
                              In my case it was the fact that I needed a new MP3 player and since every stereo out there was coming with an iWhatever dock I figured that maybe I ought to get one and try it out. I did and I liked it. That was part of the reason that I wanted to get an iPhone.

After accidentally cracking the screen and thus killing my LG Viewity I upgraded to an iPhone 4 just to see what the fuss was about, I hardly use any extended features, just phone/text google maps and the occasional web browse.
                              But it has relegated my iPod to an external HDD as I have enough music on it to not cart around 2 mp3 players.

where as Android has one for each day of the year and compatibility issues might have you working on the lowest common demominator or risk alienating a large percentage of your userbase by relying on technology not found in more widespread cheaper modles.
                              Some have stated they own over 5 android devices purely for testing purposes.
                              And that's another reason that I went iPhone. There is too much fragmentation in the android market to suit me.

Kinda like how there is only one xbox 360 but way too many combinations of PC's.
                              That may be true, but the fragmentation is not as bad. Wherein an Android device made 5 months ago may have a newer version than a different Android device that was made today (depending on the licence that the manufacturer was able to get their hands on), PC technology only goes forward and there is a lot of backwards compatibility.

Say I'm a game developer. Skruddge Games starts today to develop a game. I'll look at the current average level of technology out there for a gaming capable PC. I'll design for that as the minimal requirements for my new game. I'll also add features that will showcase the abilities of the top of the line gaming class (different from gaming capable) machine. I'll also let the users select the settings for anything in between if they want/need less visual "wow" and more Frames Per Second.

Then in a year from now when the new tech is out, because I followed the rules of DirectX and Windows Programming I'm not concerned that the new computers with this year's "go faster" stripes could run this game twice over. It will still work, it'll still look good, and it still can be played on a wide range of systems.

And let's face it. The gamers out there are not going to putzing around with a PC that isn't a gaming class PC. So I'm covered.

This is why I'm still able to play games that came out in 1999 (Quake 3 Arena) and the early 2000's (Star Trek Elite Force I and II, Castle Wolfenstein, etc) without having to go dumpster diving for PC Equipment that was made in those eras.

All because of those standards.

And there is the innovation in the gaming industry when dealing with the PC as opposed to the consoles. Take the PS2 for example. Yes a PS2 that was made in 2000 will run the same games as the PS2's made in 2011. But that comes with a cost. Until the PS3 came out, developers were stuck with the same limitations as they were in 2000. The PC's they developed the games on got more powerful, the design tools could do much more as time marched on, the potential for making something visually stunning grew and grew...

...but you had to dumb it down for the poor PS2.

And when you toss in the PS3 now...well the promised backwards compatibility is not there. Some titles do still play, but many do not. And some will play on the older PS3 but not the newer one. Going back to my Quake 3 Arena game. That was a game that was designed for and meant to be run on a Pentium II processor (or comparable AMD) running Windows 98 and a 16mb 3D Video Card.

Today that game cheerfully runs on a AMD Phenom with Windows 7 and a video card that has more memory than most of the servers of the late 90's had. No tweaking compatibility, no running emulators, just install and go.

Don't get me wrong. Consoles are wonderful things. They load faster, are less likely to suffer software corruption, and the games are optimized to run as best as they can because you know what you are going to be designing for. But don't count the PC out of the equation just yet.
                              “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

Working...
                              X