No announcement yet.

Gold Star People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my mom gave up pop for lent and lost weight and is on my case about how I shouldn't drink pop, yeah I have cut back on orders from dentist becasue Mt Dew rots your teeth with all the sugar and acid but seriously i don't give a fuck you lost 10lbs by stopping drinking pop for X days.... your still fat and don't work out. Get off my ass when after running 2.5 miles I decide to have a pop for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by SkullKing View Post
      people who get bored with time off quite simply donĀ“t know how to have fun.
      Thats me right there that is, or atleast what I've accidentally slid into.
      Due to a rota cock up (details in flakes thread) I have almost 2 weeks off, half way through it atm and even though I have 50 DVD's to watch here and god knows how many unwatched in my unit, I have only watched 5 of them and I have 4 books remaining in the morganville vampire saga to get through and I haven't read one in months.

Comment

I'd have cut him some slack if we'd been laid off again for a week here or there, because extra time off is no fun when you don't have the money to do stuff you'd like to with extra time off, but the complaining in general annoys me because we used to have practically no such thing as a weekend, just part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
          They'd have dropped dead at my wedding.

We wore Halloween costumes instead of wedding costumes. And invited all our guests to do the same, providing masks for those who didn't. There was no booze; only sparkling cider, and yet everybody stayed. No veil. Well, technically there was... my mother was wearing it as part of her "mouring" garb as her commentary on weddings. My aunt wore a jester costume for much the same reason.
          That sounds like a fantastic wedding!
          Oh, and the first dance was by Metallica.

Although, to be fair, Nothing Else Matters makes quite a lovely slow dance song.
          A couple of my friends picked Pink Floyd's A Momentary Lapse Of Reason as the march-up-the-aisle song.
          People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
          If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

We wore Halloween costumes instead of wedding costumes.
            A couple of my best friends who got married to each other did the same thing. It was a lot of fun, and while I maintain that I'll never get married again, if I ever do, I'm doing it that way.

I didn't make the best choice in costumes, however. I went as Spider-man, which was a bad idea for two reasons -- first, it was a one-piece and there would be a lot of beer at this wedding/Halloween party. It didn't occur to me until the night before, "How the hell am I gonna pee with this thing on?" The first time I had to go, the costume came off.

Second, I'm not exactly built like a toothpick like I was back in high school. I ended up looking more like Larry the Spider-Guy. Worse yet, it didn't leave anything to the imagination, or as my wife said, "You should have worn a cup with that!"

Here's a pic of me in that poorly thought-out costume. For the sake of our members' eyes, I've cropped it at waist-level.
            Attached Files
            --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

I posted on CS how Brown Noser had a freaking meltdown the other morning at work.

My goodness, you should hear the way some people think about themselves.

It was funny while it happened, but it kinda makes me ill on the inside to think that some people truly think that they are the entire shift, they are the single lifeblood, the only informed and competent one.

The best part of all was the person he was trying to insult....was right nearby him, but asleep at her machine.

Comment

Working...
              X