Not accepting my words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not accepting my words

If you ask me a question....accept the answer I give you. Do not ask me again. Do not question my answer. You chose to request the information from me. If you don't believe the information I provide is reliable, why in the hell did you waste my time in the first place?

I absolutely HATE this shit. First of all, with a mild stutter I generally don't enjoy speaking. I talk when I have to, and sometimes for conversation, but especially when I'm being asked a bunch of questions I get nervous and clam up. So you're just making it worse by asking me the SAME QUESTION a hundred different times.

Second, it's MY TIME you're wasting. I don't care if my time isn't worth anything TO YOU, to ME it's worth a lot, so you're REALLY pissing me off with this shit now. I wish a court of law would back me up when I say that my time is worth about 1,000,000 dollars an hour. I'd be rich from all the people FLIPPANTLY WASTING IT!!!!!

Third...it's just stupid. Why bother querying for information you're immediately going to reject? It reminds me of really stupid people who like to debate random things and then even when proven wrong will argue it to death. Like "Yeah Mexico is the largest country in the world - check on wikipedia. See? Yeah, it says here that...oh wait...WIKIPEDIA IS FULL OF SHIT! IT'S ALWAYS WRONG!"

So yeah...a general rule for ALL you inquisitive nuts out there - if you ask someone a question, accept their answer and move on with your life or better yet don't ask them at all.

In all fairness, it depends on the question.

Is it raining? Yeah.. if I just came in from outside and say its raining, its raining.
    If its out of stock, its out of stock...

Have you accepted (fil in the blank) as your one true diety? - screw off its none of your business and I dont want to debate it in any fashion

Comment

And all of those are ones where the answer is the answer.

Sometimes it could be a question to determine culpability. "Did you leave the milk out?"

"No."

"YES YOU DID!"

Then why did you ask, really? If you already knew the answer, and weren't willing to accept my answer, why bother asking? Culpability aside, it's still a waste of MY time. And that's what you're infringing upon, MY TIME. I can use it any way I wish, and you're being a dick about it.

Comment

I hate this.

I have a co-irker who will come up, ask a question, then call someone else and ask the same exact question. And she does it to multiple people who have all noticed and been irritated over her wasting our time.

The boyfriend will do this, too. He'll ask my opinion on something, then proceed to pretty much ignore what I tell him.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Partly, it depends on both the question and the answer. If you give an answer that isn't clear, for instance, you have no room to complain at being asked for more. And if you give an answer that doesn't make sense, you have no room to complain if someone doesn't accept it right off. ("Clear" and "make sense" as defined by the hearer. Just because what you said is perfectly clear to you doesn't mean it doesn't rely on something the other person doesn't know or needs reminding of, for instance.)
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I'm not sure how much clearer I can make a statement of "Do this." My co-irker is often under the influence of we know not what, but it noticeably hampers her ability to think coherently at times, and it's really obvious. She will ask me, "What do I do about this?" and I will tell her, "You do this," with 'this' being a specific action she does all day long as part of her job. Then she will either call or visit someone else and ask the same exact question as if the whole conversation with me never happened.

As for the boyfriend, the most recent was when he inquired about the future location of a shelf in our kitchen, which is small and not well laid out. I told him not to put it on the wall he wanted it on because it would be a hazard and suggested another temporary location for it, which he blew off and continued to ask where on the wall he wanted it on it should go. I don't know how much clearer one can be than, "Don't put it there 'cause I'll run into it and hurt myself."

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Exactly. And clarifying isn't the same as repeating. And people seem to enjoy asking me questions two or three times. A lot.

"Hey, where's mom?"

"I don't know."

"You don't know where she is?"

"nope."

"She didn't say where she was going?"

"Well if she'd said where she was going then I would know, and hence my response would have been something than I don't know, wouldn't it!?"

"Ah. Say, do you know where I left my watch?"

"Nope."

"You sure you haven't seen it?"

"I haven't seen it."

"Cuz it was right here. Have you seen it?"

"Oh, let me think. STILL NOPE."

"Oh well. I heard this song on the radio, but I forgot what it was. It was sung by that guy, you know?"

"No, I don't know what song it is."

"Yeah it's that guy, you know, he sings. He sings...that song. You know what I mean?"

"No I do not know who it is. I'm really not very good at this. Tell you what, you get a song title, the artist name or even just one line of lyrics and I can find it for you. If not, I can't help you."

"Well, he's that guy, and he sings, and it's on the radio. You know, don't you?"

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
                "Ah. Say, do you know where I left my watch?"

"Nope."

"You sure you haven't seen it?"

"Well I don't know where you left it, but I have seen it."

"Cuz it was right here. Have you seen it?"

"Up Christopher Walkens Arse."
                edited for my own fun
                Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
                "Oh well. I heard this song on the radio, but I forgot what it was. It was sung by that guy, you know?"

"No, I don't know what song it is."

"Yeah it's that guy, you know, he sings. He sings...that song. You know what I mean?"

"No I do not know who it is. I'm really not very good at this. Tell you what, you get a song title, the artist name or even just one line of lyrics and I can find it for you. If not, I can't help you."

"Well, he's that guy, and he sings, and it's on the radio. You know, don't you?"
                Where I would like to post a song title from a pretend band that I've been meaning to work on, but I don't want to release the artist/album name, but the song however
                "I'm going to f**k you with this cucumber and then make sandwiches."
                I'm thinking of it being a purely instrumental album with semi to down right offencive titles for the tracks

Comment

Working...
                X