Oversensitivity With the Military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
    The phrase "Don't hate the player, hate the game" never applied more than now.
    And is still bullshit even applying it there.

If I don't agree with the actions a person is taking then I don't agree with the actions a person is taking period.

I am not going to go, "Oh but your doing it cuz you were ordered to."

Ever. Nor will I offer blind support.

I was in the Army myself. I take full responsibility for every decision I made then.

I work in customer service now and I am never going to say that some shitty thing my company did to a person wasn't really my fault cuz I was just doing my job.

It will always be my fault if I take an action. Always. I accept that.

I am not hypocritical about that and I have quit jobs because I refused to take an action I felt was wrong.

I won't bash on the troops anymore than I bash on politicians. I will say which actions I agree with and which I don't.

I will thank the people who fight for my freedom and thank the people fighting for the freedom of other people.

Meaning not every war we have ever been in was about us and our freedom. Some of them were about helping out other countries.

But every adult needs to accept responsiblity instead of passing the blame onto the next person.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Comment

Working...
    X