No announcement yet.

People Who Must Make Their Opinion Known

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Those who copy and paste, post pointless "I agree" comments and don't really contribute anything other than to get their post count up.
    That their motive, or even one of their motives, is a high post count is an unfair assumption.

(At least, speaking generally. If they've SAID they're doing it for a post count, that's different.)
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

While I don't like posts which are just 'I agree', and I can understand your frustration, it doesn't seem that bad to me that people post in threads they already agree with. I like to know, if I'm in a debate, who I'm in a debate with. If I'm joining in now, I'm going to state my opinion, even if (as it often does with some people) I have the exact same opinion. I want people to know where I'm coming from in a debate.
      "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
      ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

You guys all seem to be missing the part where I said I was frustrated by people who pull the "I agree" and nothing else bit in nearly every g-d thread on a forum. Here and there, okay, I can deal with that. But the character type I am referring to do it on a rather HUGE scale.

Comment

I totally agree.

Comment

Boozy, I might just have to smack you with a salmon.

Comment

And I would deserve it.

Comment

I have known at least one person on another forum that does this. The rules of that site specifically forbid posting if you're not actually contributing to the discussion. Yet they constantly replies to several posts with things along the lines of "that sucks" and "wow" and "I can't believe that."

Every time I see one of these posts I think to myself, "I really should report them." But I don't want to be a douchebag, and I know mods reply to threads the posts have appeared in, and keep thinking, "why don't they just do something?" I honestly wonder if this person is just trying to keep their post count up, or if they have some OCD thing that compels them to reply and maybe the mods are aware and just ignore it so as not to offend them. It's frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                X