No announcement yet.

"You do realize...."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here in Central Ohio, it's hard to travel five miles in either direction without stumbling upon a Tim Horton's.

There is one very close to where I work, and yes, the coffee is very good. During cool and cold weather, I often grab a large coffee there before starting the work day (I usually can't drink hot beverages during warm weather). The iced cappuccinos are really good as well. If you can, try one of those before you leave an area that has a nearby Tim Horton's. The Mocha Iced Capps are good, too, but they're pretty "rich," too.

Comment

Well, it is fairly cold here, so I think I'll pass on iced coffee. I'm actually wishing I'd brought a hat or a scarf. I looked around for one today, but most of the shops near the hotel are fairly high-end. :/

I did get some poutine. It was good but felt...wrong, somehow.

Comment

I went to Canada once, to Victoria. A lot of people were really snobby, but the people who worked down on the markets and whatnot were really nice.

Comment

I had never seen an underground shopping mall before moving here...and they are brilliant! The one that's only a couple subway stops away from my apartment is so much larger than the closest regular mall from my hometown. I was shocked when my husband and I actually walked through the whole thing, since it seemed like every time we found a new branch of it, it seemed like that branch then split off into 4 other branches. Unreal!

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
            I went to Canada once, to Victoria. A lot of people were really snobby, but the people who worked down on the markets and whatnot were really nice.
            Ah yes, Victoria. We in Vancouver simply consider it our Tsunami fail safe device as the entire island will inevitable be destroyed by the first major natural disaster to hit us. But will unwillingly defend Vancouver from it at the same time.

Also, I find it weird there are no underground malls down there ;p

Comment

Meh, they weren't any worse than people from Minnesota *shudder*.

Sorry, no offense. There's just something that leaves a bad taste in my mouth whenever I happen to venture over there to go to Mall of America or wherever. But then again, I am used to these small town podunk Wisconsin cities where everyone knows everyone, not giant metropolitan areas.

Comment

Working...
              X