My Sister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Sister

Okay, so at what point are family ties overridden by being a self-centered EW bitch?

So, first things first, my sister is the biggest EW I've ever met. She is completely and utterly self-absorbed.

Like she was in computer science classes, and would call me for help with her assignments daily because "You did these computer classes too." She didn't usually care that my classes taught Pascal, C++, COBOL, and Assembly; whereas she was doing FORTRAN. To her, it was "computer stuff" and the only reason I wouldn't help was because I was just being lazy.

Does that sound familiar to anyone?

The retail workers among us probably know it better as "You could do it if you wanted to! I can't believe Derp-Mart hires such lazy people!"

Of course, whether I could help her or not, she'd just hang up without thanking me afterward.

Helping her with homework, fixing things at her house, driving out of town (or even out of the county on one occasion) to jump her car... and I can probably count the number of times I've heard her say "thanks" on one hand.

She's also prone to making very poor life choices and letting other people suffer for it.

Like hooking up with an idiot thug from the ghetto, who turned out to have a drinking problem and got violent when drunk. Unfortunately, by then she was pregnant and had to break up with him, after which he stole a bunch of her stuff (including some of my mother's things she had at her house) and she called the cops on him finally.

Two years later, and she's changed everything by... hooking up with an idiot thug from the ghetto. Which also turned abusive.

So nevermind.

Anyway, now she's up here staying at mom's house (we're in the same neighborhood as mom, my sister lives about half an hour away) to hide out from Idiot Thug 2, and parking her car behind my house to keep it out of sight. And now I get regular calls and texts from her asking me to go look around outside mom's house or her car to make sure nobody's there.

Got one earlier tonight (she parked at mom's this time): "I need u to do me a favor and come over here see if anyone is in my car"

So grudgingly being the older brother, I went and checked things out. Made sure mom's gates were locked. Walked along the outside of the house where the bushes are. Checked in the car with a flashlight, then opened the doors to look around inside...

Yeah, despite being afraid of this guy, she doesn't bother to lock her car doors. Ever.

...then went up through the breezeway between the house and garage, looked around and in the garage, and then went around the back of the house. Got mom, told her everything was fine and that my sister needed to lock her car doors if she's so afraid, then went back home because I was on my lunch and needed to get back to work soon.

About half an hour later, as I was getting ready to go back to work, I got another text from her: "Did u look around... Or did u aimlessly walk oblivious"

Yeah.

I went out of my way to check up on things for her. Potentially risked my own health and safety if Idiot Thug 2 had been out here an armed, not to mention a good chunk of my lunch break... And she's bitching me out because she doesn't think I would have looked hard enough.
    "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
    TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Damn dude. My sister married a lawyer who is a great father and provider that would never ever hurt her... at least not more than once.

Hes a great guy. I dont know what I would do if in your position. Maybe you should see about getting a restraining order against this guy? I know, its only a piece of paper, but its a start.

Comment

Originally posted by KabeRinnaul View Post
      Okay, so at what point are family ties overridden by being a self-centered EW bitch?
      I would say some time ago.

Did you ever make this rant to her? Some people are oblivious, and need a 'wake up", sometimes a bit forcefull.

You could start asking for thing in return? make her realize what she is doing?

Comment

Originally posted by KabeRinnaul View Post
        Yeah, despite being afraid of this guy, she doesn't bother to lock her car doors. Ever.
        Learned the reason for this just today.

She doesn't bother to lock her car up because he already has a key.
        "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
        TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

It's at this point that my desire to move far away from your sister is cemented, dear. >.< I mostly feel bad for her kid.
          I has a blog!

Comment

Can´t she change car's locks?

Comment

Time to throw her to the wolves...family or not she needs to feel some hard consequences for actions before she starts wising up some.
              Bartle Test Results: E.S.A.K.
              Explorer: 93%, Socializer: 60%, Achiever: 40%, Killer: 13%

Comment

Stop helping her. It is not worth the drama.

She reminds me of my two older half sisters. Lousy idiots that blame everyone for their actions. I can't even borrow books from a nearby library because they borrowed a book from there and never returned it.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelKatz View Post
                  Stop helping her. It is not worth the drama.
                  That's exactly it. She does it...because it's tolerated, and (and I apologize for being blunt) because you enable her. That is, she gets away with it...because she knows that you won't say no...because she's "family."

I see this sort of thing every time I drop by my parents' house. Both of my younger brothers (who are 32 and 29) still live there. They don't do jack shit around the house. Yet, they're both rude to my dad...but they kiss my mom's ass. Why do they kiss her ass? Simple, she has a black belt in hapkido, takes judo, and *has* dropped a much larger guy on his ass during sparring

But, they push my dad around, because they know he won't do anything. Dad's in his late 60s, and really doesn't want to argue with my mom. Not that she'd hurt him, but because he's tired of the screaming. My brothers know that whatever happens, no matter how badly they fuck things up, my mom will bail them out, and if my dad tries to step in...the shit will hit the fan. That is, they'll whine to her about whatever he's said (or done), she'll flip out, and they'll get their way. Every fucking time

Other than me, the only other person who has put them in their place...is my grandmother. That happened years ago, after she felt they were jerking her around. Now, they won't go over to see her, and can't understand why most of that side of the family...thinks I'm the damn golden boy. I go over there when I can, to help her with her computer, put the deck furniture out (or away), and just visit with her. She's our last living grandparent, and out of her 3 grandchildren, I'm the *only* one who has anything to do with her

But, karma is going to be a bitch. My dad's been quietly making plans to screw them both over. Even though they're family, he's tired of how they treat Grandma, and their antics at home. Dad has said that because they paid no attention to Grandma in life...that they're not welcome at her funeral/viewing after she's gone. It's unfortunate, but nobody forced them to act that way towards her. Dad's also said...that when it's time for him to go, he's leaving them nothing. The possibility of that is unfortunate, but they did it to themselves.

Of course, guess who will get the blame for *all* of this? Yep, me. They're already resentful of me because of my 'favored' status, and that my life has turned out 'better' than theirs. This will just add to it

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
                    Dad's also said...that when it's time for him to go, he's leaving them nothing. The possibility of that is unfortunate, but they did it to themselves.(
                    Tell your dad to get proper legal advice over that. Seriously.

There are jurisdictions around where if a child is dependent on Mum'n'dad (dependent being defined in all sorts of weird ways - even still living at home can qualify), then they can't be left out of the will. Or at least, it's grounds to challenge it if they are. You may not live in such a place, but it's a damn good idea to make sure. So get your dad to talk to an estate lawyer for advice.

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
                      That's exactly it. She does it...because it's tolerated, and (and I apologize for being blunt) because you enable her. That is, she gets away with it...because she knows that you won't say no...because she's "family."
                      Frankly, we'd tell her no, or more appropriately I encourage Kabe to tell her no, but then his mom calls and asks him to do whatever it is his sister wants. So then it's no longer a favor for sister but a favor for mom. That's the bigger issue.
                      I has a blog!

Comment

If the mom is the one enabling the sister's problems, then you have to work to cut off the mom, too.

It sucks, but at some point you have to draw a line, and it's the mom's choice to be on the wrong side of it.

I've been there. It sucks. I lost a lot of everything because I didn't cut my brother off when I should have. Fate did the job for me, and while it sucked at the time, I'm much better off now in every regard.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                        X