The "I Hate Pink Camo" Bandwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "I Hate Pink Camo" Bandwagon

More and more on CS, I see people posting about the "horror" of pink camouflage. "OH EM GEE! I saw someone wearing pink camo! Eeeewwww!" "It's hideous!" "It's terrifying!" Come on people, it's just a colorful fabric.

I'm not putting down Gravekeeper's posts about it, since it's a running theme with him. It is amusing to imagine of a bunch of people in a remote area all wearing the same pink camo fabric for all of their clothing. The fact that he describes pink camo in an overly-exaggerated way isn't so bad either, since he does that with most of his posts. It's just his style of humor.

What I don't get is the way some other CS-ers get all worked up whenever they see an example of pink camo. So you saw someone wearing a pink camo jacket? Big friggin' deal. Personally, I don't see what's so bad about the design (this is coming from someone who severly dislikes the color pink, BTW). Is it really any worse than paisley? Or checkers? Or polka dots? Or Plaid?

Or are people just trying to impress GK?

I think some people just want to seem cool, since everyone else is doing it.

Honestly, I don't give a crap what people wear. Comfort comes first to me. If a pink camo outfit is comfy, then awesome, go for it.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

The pink camo gag doesn't work as a running joke outside of Gravekeeper's posts.

Gravekeeper has a great knack for taking very small slights and blowing them out of proportion. I don't mean this as a bad thing. It's a brand of humour that many professional comedians use, and one that I personally find hilarious.

When GK compares a woman ordering pants in pink camo to a crime against humanity, it's only funny if it's not really that bad at all. Pink camo is arguably a bad choice of print for some styles of clothing, but it's not the worst thing someone can wear. That's where the humour comes in.

So when pink camo is mentioned outside of this context, and talked about as if it really were the nastiest thing going, it's not humourous, it's just silly.

Have I analyzed that to death, or what?

Comment

Everyone knows that bright orange jeans are worse. XD Honestly, I once saw a woman wearing eye searingly bright orange jeans with a matching t-shirt. She looked like a traffic cone... and it was at Heathrow at 4am so was unbearable. XD

Pink camo on the other hand; don't see anything wrong with it, as long as it's the right size for the person wearing it.
        "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

I am one of the people who posted about "Pink Camo" on CS so I'll throw in my 2 cents here.

I posted it because I found the fact that I saw someone wearing an entire outfit of Pink Camo Amusing.

Mainly because you rarely see it in Australia. It wasn't to 'Impress" Gravekeeper but to amuse the forum as it has become an "in" joke among CSers that Pink Camo is evil. This was admittedly started by Gravekeeper him being a prominent and popular CSer the joke is now widely recognized among the rest of the forums.

Impressing someone on the internet is pointless and I would like to think that most CSers and Fratchers are above such juvenile behavior . I found it amusing so I posted. I probably would of done the same had she been wearing a complete outfit of bright orange spandex as well.

I will also say I don't like pink camo, Mainly because I don't like pink in general so my so called "hate" for Pink Camo wasn't caused by the forum. Just enhanced

Comment

Oh I don't know, I think those hats with the boobies on the brim are far more icky than pink camo

Comment

Pink camo makes me think of "Lieutenant Barbie" or somesuch weirdness (would that doll come with a tiny version of the Hello Kitty assault rifle, I wonder?). I think all the new 'urban' camo colors are a bit strange...especially the pastels. What are you hunting, the easter bunny?

I don't hate it per se, more and more I see it used on items that some people should just not even try to wear.
              "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamstalker View Post
                What are you hunting, the easter bunny?
                Well, we know that for some rabbits, the only thing that works is the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch...

Comment

The easter bunny is really a killer rabbit who colors the eggs using shreds of camo fabric from its victims ^_^
                  "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
                    Well, we know that for some rabbits, the only thing that works is the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch...
                    And obviously not just charging at it randomly. XD
                    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

It annoys me too. I stopped reading them after the "OMG giant disgusting mass of pink camo! How dare it go out in public?" thread.

Comment

I never found the pink camo comments to be funny either

Comment

I find pink camo to be amusing.

Mostly because the last time I saw it, it was on a beater shirt worn by a heavily tattooed man.

Comment

Maybe it's the irony???

I mean.. camoflage... and pink...

Where are they trying to sneak into??
                            ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytovhand View Post
                              Maybe it's the irony???

I mean.. camoflage... and pink...

Where are they trying to sneak into??
                              You'd be suprised at what works, there is blue and grey DPM (Disruptive Pattern Material) which is highly effective under street lights...
                              The test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with it. Robert Peel

Comment

Working...
                              X