Rude people that I can't yell at

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude people that I can't yell at

/BG/ I am just now taking my drivers exam to get my license. Yes, I realize that I am much older than most but I have my reasons. /BG/

I took the exam yesterday and failed. I failed on parallel parking not because I can't do it but because I was trembling with the the way the examiner was treating me. I did it too fast because I just wanted away from him.

He started by mumbling all the instructions at me and then talking to me like I was stupid if I asked him to repeat it. (Raising his voice and talking super slow) He also kept asking me questions that were none of his business while I was backing out of a blind parking spot. (they require these spots be used as part of the exam even though most drivers would never park in such a dangerous spot) Then, it was drizzling out but not enough rain to impair visibility so I only hit my wipers when I needed to. He kept hinting that I was not doing something I should be refused to tell me what for half the test. Finally, he told me that he wanted my wipers to be on fully. (there is no law or requirement on the use of wipers as long as you can see). I told him that the light rain was not bothering me and I could see. He reached over and turned my wipers on the way he wanted while I was driving!

I cannot stand people who take advantage of their positions and mistreat others just because they know that we cannot call them out. If my next examiner behaves so disrespectfully in my car I am going to kick him out and just fail rather that take that crap.

You would have LOVED my driving test. They gave me a walkie talkie to put in the passenger seat so I could hear directions and had me drive around a course set up for the purpose which they could watch from the DMV window. There were road signs, a parallel parking space, a painted-on railroad crossing, but of course no traffic. But Georgia is weird; when my current license expires it will have been 18 years since I had to go in in person. They renewed it by mail, first for another four years then for another ten, with the same picture even.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I had a similar experience with my driving test. This guy was an ex cop so he had a bit of an attitude. During the actual driving he wasn't so bad, but he marked me down for so many little things that I failed. Then to add insult to injury, after the test, he made some comment about me being in college not having my license. Even though HE was the one who failed me. Asshole.

But that doesn't compare to the one who taught me in drivers ed. I think I posted about this in CS a while back, but he made me very nervous, which did not help since I was an already anxious person. I could tell he did not like me because I was very OCD, anxious, and tended to make mistakes out of nervousness. His attitude did not help and by the time it was time to drive, he had flipped out on me, screaming obscenities. I was relieved by the time drivers ed was over.

Comment

I have to agree with you on this one. There are a lot of people out there who cant wait to take advantage of situations like that.

Customers, managers, supervisors, corporate d-bags, driver examiners, police officers (sorry but its true), teachers (college professors are the worst).

My two worst experiences.
        1. I was very lucky to get in at the post office. I busted my butt to get that job. I waited over a year after taking the test. Then when I finally get in there is this woman working there who is my direct supervisor. She called me names, insulted me, and was down right rude to me. After about a month of that crap I was so mad I had to quit. I even complained about her and this is what I heard 'thats just how she is'.
        2. I was a supervisor at the call center. I had an employee who asked me about FMLA or something similar. I didnt know the answer so I sent an email to the HR generalist. My only quesion was this 'what would we do to get this process started?'. Now, that answer to this all they had to say is 'the employee comes to HR to fill out paperwork'. Easy right? TO easy is the problem.

Instead I get called into an office and bitched out by the HR manager for asking her employee to do something. I pointed out that at no point did I ask anyone to do anything. But she went on a tirade about how irresponsible I had been and how much trouble she could have gotten in and blah blah blah.

I was dumbfounded and couldnt for the life of me figure out why she just didnt reply 'send the employee to HR, supervisors arent involved in the process'. Of course there are many things I wanted to say. Still are, but I took the high road because I know that if I had said any one of them I was the one who would have been fired and she and everyone else knew it.

Comment

I'm sure you'll probably keep this in mind for next time; don't be concerned about whether or not you can see in a situation that has to do with safety and just be extra-stupid safe for the benefit of the testing guy. Including having your wipers on any time there's any water on the windshield an taking anything that has to do with backing up or ceding right of way extra-slow.

I'm a bit shy about using my wipers because in most of the cars I've owned, they were pretty useless unless it was pouring. One of my cars had a short and the things wouldn't even turn on unless there was enough rain to complete the connection. >_<

But the guy whispering at you and then acting like you were retarded when you had him repeat stuff is just pure power-trip douchebaggery.

My driving test was pretty easy and I should have gotten a perfect score, but the guy testing me was writing some shit in his little log book when I got to the 4-way stop, so he never saw me looking before proceeding. I knew it at the time and wasn't surprised to see the markdown when I got my score. But I'm just happy I passed, since I had to borrow a friend's car (none of my family's cars would pass the inspection) and I happened to be miserably sick that day. My picture ended up looking kind of like a mug shot for a druggie.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Next time you take your exam, hopefully you'll get a different examiner. I got my driver's license a little late in life, so I understand. It took me 3 tries to pass my road test and graduate from my learner's permit to my full license. My first test I failed because of my nerves, the second one was because I didn't know when to give right of way when I was coming into the parking lot to park my car. I passed my third test but the only thing I choked on was making the K turns (or 3 point turns).
            There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Working...
            X