Strange Phone Calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just answer.

It just seems silly to pull out my phone, look at it, and then just put it away again.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I've been smart not to answer.

Work has only called me a handfull of times, and all but one of them were regarding furloughs and which assigned days/weeks I was to be off work (the matters were settled during the day instead of at night, so night shifters had to have courtesy calls).

The one other time, the weekend supervisor let too many people have off or too many people called in and she apparently called everyone on 3rd shift trying to get people to work that weekend.

Had I answered, I would have had to come up with something. Instead, I can't remember what I was doing, but I actually wasn't in the room when the phone rang, I just saw I had a voicemail from a blocked number.

Usually, if it's from a blocked number, it's someone I most certainly don't want to talk to.

Comment

I heard on NPR the other day, some Congressman is trying to introduce a bill that would make it somewhat legal to start calling cell phones meaning that beyond "informational" calls would be allowed. this has come about because we as a nation have more cellphone than landlines now.

yeah tell that to someone like me who only has a cell and keeps it with me at all times. nothing like crap calls phone bombing my cell all day and night. since I work 2d into 3d shift terrritory that means during "normal business" hours I AM SLEEPING DAMN IT!!!!! and I use my phone as an alarm (very loud ringer file).

AND some scum IS phone bombing my cell. tow or three different numbers at the moment. the best I can do is save the numbers and put the ring tone to No Ring/NO vibrate.

LEAVE ME ALONE
        I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
        The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Originally posted by Racket_Man View Post
          I heard on NPR the other day, some Congressman is trying to introduce a bill that would make it somewhat legal to start calling cell phones meaning that beyond "informational" calls would be allowed. this has come about because we as a nation have more cellphone than landlines now.
          ...and I'll bet that ass twinkie is getting a serious kickback from telemarketing companies. There is a *reason* that we have more cellphones than landlines. Many people have them to get *away* from telemarketers. I have a feeling that if this bill goes through, the stories of "abusive" callers are going to skyrocket. They leave my cell alone, but my land line is constantly getting calls from cancer charities.

And before someone tells me to not answer the phone, I don't have much of a choice. My home's previous owner, was hard of hearing. She had some loud bells wired into the line somewhere. They ring before the phone, and drive the kitties nuts! To get rid of them, I'd have to have the entire phone line torn out and replaced.

If it wasn't for the fact that my cell phone won't take calls when charging, I'd have dumped my land line. I got my cell because I like being able to call work to tell them I've hit traffic, had problems with the car, or that I'm going to be late to my mother's for dinner. I didn't get it so some tool could attempt to sell me something that I don't want.

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
            ...and I'll bet that ass twinkie is getting a serious kickback from telemarketing companies.
            Well you know how the saying goes: We have the best government that money can buy.
            --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Working...
            X