Tim Tebow Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Tebow Fans

Currently the dumbest group on the planet. The shit that comes out of their mouths is absurd.

1. Tebow is not a good QB. He's not even a decent QB. His accuracy is terrible. He constantly misses his receivers. He makes bad pass defenses look amazing.

2. Denver is winning because of their defense, not because of Tebow. When your offense is so freaking bad that you can't score more than 15 points or so a game, but you win, it's because your defense played well. Your offense, including Tebow, is pathetic. The second they play a team with a good offense, they are fucked because Tebow cannot put points on the board like teams with good offenses can.

3. Tim Tebow and God. Jake Plummer put it best. "I think that when he accepts the fact that we know that he loves Jesus Christ then I think I’ll like him a little better. I don’t hate him because of that, I just would rather not have to hear that every single time he takes a good snap or makes a good handoff." I'm watching football. If I want to hear that Jesus/God stuff, I'll go speak with a chaplain or go to church. When I'm watching football, I don't give a crap about religion. He loves to shove his religion down people's throats. His supporter do to, either by stating that Tebow is God, Tebow is Jesus, God loves Tebow, or all other sorts of total crap. If there is a god, and he/she is helping Tebow, then he/she is a dick for screwing with one of man's sports.

Sorry, Tebow fans, Tebow's a below-average QB and he's not God.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

No matter how good a defense is, if they have to much field time they are going to start getting tired. Defensive players have to do a lot more reacting than offensive players. Simple facts are, after to much field time the defense is gonna get tired and start missing assignements no matter how good they are.

Can't say much about Tebow, but can say QBs and offensive players are often overrated.

Comment

Denver Broncos? Haha, the Packers made rubber out of them.

I'm more upset that people are still on bandwagons (namely the asswipes on ESPN) about how great Tom Brady and the Manning brats are, and no one even mentiones how awesome Aaron Rodgers record is. He let Favre keep the interception records, of course, and to boot, he's a modest, decent guy. Not a flaming asswipe.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
        no one even mentiones how awesome Aaron Rodgers record is. He let Favre keep the interception records, of course, and to boot, he's a modest, decent guy. Not a flaming asswipe.
        Not to mention that he's easily the most attractive football player in the NFL.

I've only been watching football this season, but I've noticed that more often than not, it is the defense that makes the difference. In fact, it's a damn good thing that the Packers have Rodgers, or they wouldn't be undefeated, because their defense is really lacking. You can't count on one guy to do it all, even if it is Clay Matthews.

Defense was absolutely the difference in that painful Arkansas v. LSU game on Friday.

Comment

It doesn't help that Hawk and......Woodson (or is it Bishop) were off the field Thursday because of injury? Supposedly, they're getting MRIs tomorrow. Hope they can be back and in action.

Other teams got smart this year and started putting multiple man pressure on Matthews, so he really hasn't been able to do a lot of the magic he's famous for. I feel bad for him, he gives 110% every play and can't make much of a tread because everyone dogpiles onto him.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
            Denver Broncos? Haha, the Packers made rubber out of them.

I'm more upset that people are still on bandwagons (namely the asswipes on ESPN) about how great Tom Brady and the Manning brats are, and no one even mentiones how awesome Aaron Rodgers record is. He let Favre keep the interception records, of course, and to boot, he's a modest, decent guy. Not a flaming asswipe.
            Did they beat Denver with Tebow though?

And maybe as a Packers fan you don't know this, but Rodgers is loved by all analysts. When he plays, they can't stop talking about how amazing he is. Rodgers saving grace is that he really IS that good.

Someone was just telling me that Denver is so good because Tebow is an amazing leader. I'm sorry, but even good leadership won't change whether or not your players suck. Denver has a good defense and that's been their saving grace.
            Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I live about an hour's ride away from UF, so everyone from the local news stations to every preacher in every baptist church was singing this guy's praises for four years straight. It got old really fast. Yeah, he's a nice guy and he can play football, oh yeah, and he's Christian. Big friggin' woop. Like the OP said, he's not Jesus, yet everyone treated him that way. I lost all respect for him when he broke down crying after the Gators lost one of his final college games; the ridicule was epic. I was one of many who were glad to be rid of him when he finally left UF.
              A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

I like Tim Tebow. I think he's a sexy guy, and I think he's fun to watch play. So I guess I'm part of the 'dumbest group on the planet' because I happen to think he's a good player.

Really, I don't get all this emotion that's going on. I don't get all the "You suck, you're stuipd, you're awful" just because someone disagrees with you on sports.
                "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

I think with Tim Tebow it's because he comes off as a pretentious douche. I don't care what you do, if you make a big show of taking a knee in public to show off how Christian you are, then I immediately think, "douchebag!" and move on. Ditto writing Bible verses on your face. Has nothing to do with his ability on the football field for me.

Comment

Well, as someone who doesn't even watch football, I don't have a horse in this race.

But just looking at the stats I can see that Tebow isn't as impressive as the best quarterbacks out there. He apparently has a habit of keeping the ball a lot more often, and when he does let go of it, he has less than a 50% completion rate. That's worse than some of the worst-ranked starters in the NFL.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                      Well, as someone who doesn't even watch football, I don't have a horse in this race.

But just looking at the stats I can see that Tebow isn't as impressive as the best quarterbacks out there. He apparently has a habit of keeping the ball a lot more often, and when he does let go of it, he has less than a 50% completion rate. That's worse than some of the worst-ranked starters in the NFL.

^-.-^
                      Exactly. As a quarterback, he is just plain awful.

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
                      I like Tim Tebow. I think he's a sexy guy, and I think he's fun to watch play. So I guess I'm part of the 'dumbest group on the planet' because I happen to think he's a good player.

Really, I don't get all this emotion that's going on. I don't get all the "You suck, you're stuipd, you're awful" just because someone disagrees with you on sports.
                      Well, sexiness really doesn't play a part in how good a player is. So if you want to like him for that, fine, but that's not football or skill related. If you think he's fun to watch to play, fine, I can understand that too. But neither of those things make him a good player.

Comment

Seems like Tebow is doing the job, working for a fairly mediocre team.

Maybe Tebow is God's second son, but cooler. And instead of getting crucified once on the cross by Romans and Jews, Tebow can get crucified every Sunday by huge black lineman the size of Buicks that blot out the sun.

Tebow's soul would go to hell and fight Satan, who was really Al Davis, the deceased owner of the Raiders. Tebow kills Satanic Al, rises from the tomb and loses the Superbowl to the Saints. That would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                          Exactly. As a quarterback, he is just plain awful.
                          As a pocket passer, he's not very good. He could get better, over time, but as a guy who stands back in the pocket, no, he's not that great. But since he's such a run/option heavy player, I think he shouldn't be judged purely on his ability to complete passes. The playbook he's in is designed as a run-first playbook, where the QB is as valid a target as the HB. Its a different sort of offense entirely. SO if your definition is based off his pass completion rating, yes, he's a terrible player. But since he's not in an offense run to HAVE a high pass completion, and instead run like a college offense to allow several options for their quarterback, then I don't think he should be judged on that.

Well, sexiness really doesn't play a part in how good a player is. So if you want to like him for that, fine, but that's not football or skill related. If you think he's fun to watch to play, fine, I can understand that too. But neither of those things make him a good player.
                          I just don't like the idea of dismissing a group who disagrees with you as 'the stupidest people in the world' or something similar because they think he's a better football player than you do.

I think he's a pretty good player, and I think if he keeps working hard he will be able to get better at the standard QB stuff as well as the tricky plays.

Edit: To clarify, I don't think he's the best player in the NFL. If it were a question of choosing who the best person in the NFL was and someone said Tim Tebow, I'd be highly confused. I'd say he's good, but not the BEST. But he's fun to watch, he's a good player, he's a creative player, and he's a dedicated player, and as I said, one sexy beast. I wanna be a linebacker so I can jump Tim Tebow. But really, its a big combination that makes me say he's my FAVORITE NFL player right now. Even if other players are certainly better.
                          Last edited by Hyena Dandy; 12-03-2011, 11:51 AM.
                          "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                          ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
                            But he's fun to watch, he's a good player, he's a creative player, and he's a dedicated player, and as I said, one sexy beast.
                            I know that sexy is in the eye of the beholder but....really? Eh.

All I know is that if this game goes into OT and delays Packers/Giants, I am not gonna be happy.

Comment

Come on, I had so much fun picturing Clay Matthews ripping that whiney little Eli Manning manbaby into three pieces.

Whew. That was too close for comfort, there. Get it together, Pack. This ain't funny.

And, they still say Eli Manning is better than Aaron Rodgers. Fuck you, bobbleheads.

Comment

Working...
                              X