My toothbrush...again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My toothbrush...again....

I'm mentally aware, somewhere, that it's really no one's fault. People get cleaning up sometimes and that's that. They might not keep an exact record of everything they find. And they might not be aware that what they found needs to stay where it was....

And if it wasn't for the fact that I ran out of my special medicine on friday and still can't get it refilled cuz wal-mart is all messed up for some reason, i might not care as much....

But goddamn, what kind of rude, inconsiderate, STUPID ASSHOLE goes wandering around, sees a toothbrush and says "I'm gonna put this where no one can find it."

I have a serious issue keeping my teeth brushed because I can't stand the notion that the thing I'm shoving into my mouth might have been on the floor, in the toilet, up someone's butt, etc....(makes no sense I know) and that's why I want it where I left it.

Oh, it is not where YOU imagined it should be? well how about this partner, how about you take YOUR toothbrush, and YOU put YOUR toothbrush where YOU think it should go, and I will MY toothbrush where I think it will go.

And a tip for people, the next time you see something inexplicable like <gasp> a toothbrush in the kitchen!, then ask yourself "Do I know why this is here?" If you do, take appropriate steps. If you do not, then LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE BECAUSE YOU ARE DABBLING IN AREAS OF WHICH YOU HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING!!!! Because you don't know why it's there!

All you idiots who do this are the same idiots that opened that greek dude's bag of wind and sent them all flying away. Seriously, that's how I see all of you who ignorantly mess with other people's stuff, even with the best of intentions. You're the fucking Urkel of my world and you just will not stop!!!!!

Damn...who shit in your cornflakes this morning?

Comment

Whoever moved my toothbrush.

Seriously though, why must someone go out of their way to be a dick? I can see being a lazy dick, for instance "Oh, there's his toothbrush in the toilet, I'm gonna leave it there and piss on it." Because that is someone taking the lazy route by not doing anything.

But instead, they see the toothbrush totally fine, and not just on the counter, it's safely tucked away in the corner of the windowsill above the kitchen sink. But no, there MUST be some explanation as to why it's there! So now we're talking a conscious decision to reach out your arm, grasp the toothbrush and put it in the most retarded place you can imagine.

So now I have taken drastic measures to hide my toothbrush in a place no one will ever find it. This will only last until someone decides to do some deep cleaning, and they find it, and decide "What the hell? A toothbrush doesn't go here! I'd better hide it quick!" Despite having been previously told that said toothbrush should NEVER EVER BE MOVED.

Some idiot once said he refused to "Bend to the whims" of people with depression and anxiety issues. That's all good and well, if these "Whims" are things like wanting free blowjobs. But ya know what most of these "whims" are? Stop moving my shit around on me for so reason. Stop interrogating me and getting into my business over every little thing. Respect my right to privacy. And basically don't go out of your fucking way to dick with me. The best part is, all these whims require exactly ZERO effort on your part! Our "Whims" involve doing NOTHING. We make your life EASIER!!!!!!

Comment

So they didn't move it to the bathroom?

I could understand them moving it to the bathroom since seeing something like a toothbrush in the kitchen and not moving it "back" to the bathroom sink would be like not pulling it out of the toilet for me.

However if it's someone that is used to you keeping it there then I would ask them why they felt the need to move it.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

If I saw a toothbrush in a kitchen, I'd assume it was for doing dishes. It just seems like a freakish place to put a toothbrush.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yeah, I just like it out in the kitchen. I don't like it in the bathroom. Personal preference I guess.

I've always tried to be considerate of other people's stuff. I wish others would do the same and apply a little THINKING to their actions.

Diaper on floor = obviously trash. Throw it out.

Dirty socks on floor = obviously trash. Throw it out.

Computer left on, opened in facebook = You don't know what this is for. It's possible the occupant will be right back and was in the middle of something. Don't be a dick and shut it off.

Random beam standing on the floor going up to ceiling = Well gee whiz Cletus I don't know what this does! I guess I'll move it cuz I'm that fucking brilliant! Oh wait, that beam was supporting a weak spot in the ceiling. OOOOOOPS!

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
              Diaper on floor = obviously trash. Throw it out.

Dirty socks on floor = obviously trash. Throw it out.

Computer left on, opened in facebook = You don't know what this is for. It's possible the occupant will be right back and was in the middle of something. Don't be a dick and shut it off.!
              In most homes I have ever lived in a toothbrush in the kitchen falls under the first two examples not the third example.

Unless the person knows you like to keep your toothbrush in the kitchen or knows other people that do the same then the toothbrush will register as being accidentally out of place. The problem is a situational one.

For most people the toothbrush like say a razor is a bathroom item and finding it anywhere else in the house would indicate that someone accidentally left it out and putting it away is being helpful.

Having your computer on and to facebook is the rule not the exception.

Your tooth brush in the kitchen to most people would register like your laptop sitting on the floor in the walking path.

Your toothbrush in the kitchen is the exception not the rule.

The reasonable thing is to figure out who moved it and advise them that you like it in the kitchen and that is where you keep it so that they know in the future it's there on purpose and not because you were being absent minded.

Then if they still move it they are being a dick.
              Jack Faire
              Friend
              Father
              Smartass

Comment

Why is toothbrush in the kitchen such an out of place thing? It's right near the sink! It's not like just laying on the counter. Right next to the sink in a cup with a thing of toothepast next to it.

Comment

Kitchen sinks are for brushes to clean dishes, not brushes to clean teeth.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Not the point. It was obviously left there purposefully. People just need to think a little more. I don't go around fucking up everyone's day because to ME it doesn't look right.

Comment

Well... not that you know of.

Not saying that you necessarily have, just that you can't definitively say that you haven't.

^-.-^

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
                        Not the point. It was obviously left there purposefully. People just need to think a little more. .
                        No it wasnt' obviously left there purposefully. Your making the assumption that everyone in the world thinks just like you and assumes it's a normal place to put a toothbrush when the opposite is true.

I have seen people put cereal in the fridge and milk in the cupboard. Seeing a toothbrush in the kitchen would be along the same lines. If the owner of the toothbrush was available I would let them know it was there but if they were not I would put it away where it belongs in the bathroom where 90% of the world keeps their toothbrush.

If I were to "think a little more" as you put it I would leave the milk in the cupboard to spoil because after all it was "obviously" put there on purpose.
                        Jack Faire
                        Friend
                        Father
                        Smartass

Comment

You're comparing leaving milk in the cupboard to leaving a toothbrush in the kitchen?

Ok how about this - you're walking along and you see a stick on the ground. you pick up the stick to get it out of the way, unbeknownst to you, that stick was supporting a major gravity center and now you've completely fucked up the earth's core and we're all going to die......

Wait..aren't we making up completely irrelevnt and bullshit examples? I thought we were. Or we could get back to the matter at hand which is LEAVE OTHER PEOPLE'S STUFF ALONE.

The toothbrush in the kitchen isn't bothering anyone, it's not in anyone's way, it's not severely out of place. I've known a lot of people who brush their teeth in the kitchen so saying it's a weird thing is just wrong. Enough people do it that it shouldn't be an alien concept.

If it were just left on the counter, still wet and dripping foam, stuck in a left over pile of spilled toothpaste, I would understad. Who wouldn't? But we're not talking about that situation. We're talking about a toothbrush that had no reason to be moved.

And...

Not saying that you necessarily have, just that you can't definitively say that you haven't.
                          Until an example is provided, we'll go with the assumption that I have not. That's how it works.

Comment

why not just get one of those little travel boxes to put your toothbrush in? little box on counter/windowsill/etc looks more in-place than a toothbrush in a cup. then just write "leave in kitchen" on the box. or designate a spot in a drawer to keep it with the toothpaste.
                            it could be the person moving it just doesnt want clutter near the kitchen sink. or doesnt want soap-bubbles or other stuff that can go flitting about while cooking or cleaning getting on your brush. better brush moved to the bathroom than brush that got misted with a bleach-based cleaner.
                            All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Actually, I know a few people who keep their toothbrushes the kitchen.
                              One of my friends feels it is a much more hygenic and safe place to keep a toothbrush than in the bathroom.
                              In the bathroom on the sink, there's the risk of it getting splashed with dirty or soapy water when people wash their hands. Then there's the risk of airborne droplet spray when a toilet is flushed.

A kitchen is usually kept pretty clean because that's where the food prep takes place.

Storing toothbrushes in a cabinet or drawer, or even in those little travel boxes can actually speed the growth of bacteria.

I am going to go with DrF on this one.

If the people who keep moving his toothbrush are people who are familiar with his routine of storing it in the kitchen, then it's high time they learned to leave it alone, since this seems to be an ongoing issue, judging by the amount of fratching space he has devoted to venting about it.

If it's someone who doesn't realize his idiosyncrasy regarding toothbrush hygiene, then, yeah, they should ask, "Is there a reason this toothbrush is in the kitchen?" instead of just moving it.
                              Last edited by Ree; 12-03-2011, 01:57 PM.
                              Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Working...
                              X