Stupid questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid questions.

Ok there are stupid questions, and I don't mean someone not understanding how something works or asking the difference between a desktop and laptop. Technology changes so fast these days that I can forgive a lot.

However stop asking questions like:

Why is this so cheap? What's wrong with it? (it's just on sale you moron)
    Can I get this cheaper?
    Can I get sale that just ended last week?
    I bought the printer 3 years ago would you still have it?
    What type of ink does my printer take? (with no further information)
    What do you mean you don't stock batteries for laptops?

Or questions that you don't really care if you get an answer but are just trying to sound smart like:

Does this printer represent any great leap forward in printer technology over the others? (it's a fucking printer, paper and ink goes in and pretty pretty pictures of unicorns come out. It prints and copies what the hell do you expect it doesn't print a 3d model, it doesn't project a hologram and it doesn't wipe your ass for you, it just fucking prints.)

Also don't just say tell me about these tablets, tell me about these printers, tell me about these computers. I never know what to say about them, ask me something specific are even just ask me which ones are good. and before anyone comments when there is 30 different models and you say tell me about these laptops it's meaningless.

The absolute worst was a couple people came up to me and just say: "so, Tablets?" and we were standing next to them so he wasn't looking for them, he just expected me to magically know what areas he wanted to hear about for them.

When they come in and ask stupid questions, just play up the most expensive thing you have in the store, even if it's shit.

If they're too stupid to do their own homework, make 'em pay for it.

Of course, when they're smart enough to know they don't know squat and ask meaningful questions, you can reward them with your knowledge in a useful manner.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I don't get credit for selling the most expensive computer I get credit for selling you the warranty and setup and flash drives and ink cartridges.

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
        When they come in and ask stupid questions, just play up the most expensive thing you have in the store, even if it's shit.

If they're too stupid to do their own homework, make 'em pay for it.

Of course, when they're smart enough to know they don't know squat and ask meaningful questions, you can reward them with your knowledge in a useful manner.

^-.-^
        I tend to sell Emerson TVs to people who annoy me with 20 questions. As a good example of the quality we're dealing with here, we had a $188 Emerson 32-inch on Black Friday. I got my first call about the TV dying on Monday.
        "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
        TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

Working...
        X