The word "douche"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
    Interestingly enough, most of the people I associate with, work with, hell, just most people in my age group use "douche" and "douchebag" to describe assholes and dumb men. Not gay men. Those with issues with gay men tend to use "fag" and "queer".
    That's interesting to note. I've never heard the words "douche" or "douchebag" used to describe gay guys once. I've only heard it use against other guys, meaning them to be assholes.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Greenday hunny, read that again......

Comment

I was agreeing with you, unless I totally misread what you said.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
          I'm confused; why did you quote me? I wasn't the person to say that douche was a sexist word; do you agree or disagree with what I said?
          I'm not her, but I'm assuming that she's saying that yes, they are sexist. Sexism can go either direction.

I don't think references to genitals in insults are off limits, so I do make use of douchebag, douchetastic, douchenozzle, etc etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
            Interestingly enough, most of the people I associate with, work with, hell, just most people in my age group use "douche" and "douchebag" to describe assholes and dumb men. Not gay men. Those with issues with gay men tend to use "fag" and "queer".
            So.. does that mean that gay men aren't assholes or dumb??

I'm still surprised that humanity (well - maybe the dregs of it, and those of us who associate with them) feel the need to use sexual associations in their attempts at insult.

Yeah - it's sexist, but it goes both ways (but funny how some words are considered really rude, and others just a little bit... and the bias in that).
            ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

Working...
            X