being stubborn about change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• being stubborn about change

To give some background info (although I might have mentioned some of this before on CS) - the church which I attend/used to work for has been having financial problems and declining membership for several years, it would take too long to get into all the reasons for this, but it's gotten to a point where the church either has to make some major changes, or close up.

The problem is, there are several church members who are VERY stubborn about changing the way anything is done......among other things, they don't want to consider options for raising money or attracting new members, and don't seem to realize that this attitude is exactly why the church is currently in this position. And if it does end up closing, those people will most likely blame the pastor, the district supervisor,....etc., anyone but themselves.

I'm sorry you're going through this.

It's all too common.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Those resistant to change need to be sat down, given the options and then told to explain, in detail, what they would do to resolve the situation that isn't one of the options.

Most of the time, they're too wrapped up in their own little worlds to realize how dire someone else's situation is, even when that situation will have a notable impact on their own lives.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
      X