No announcement yet.

Slobs Who Host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning things up for the Christmas party tomorrow night, and I've determined that my least favorite chore has to be dusting. It's just so damn time-consuming and has to be done so often.

Comment

Amen to that. I've gotten better about dusting, but I can go through an entire thing of Pledge wipes in just a matter of a few times worth of using them.

That new shower cleaner I tried, by the by, actually does work like it says it does. I used it last Sunday night (Monday AM), and every day while I showered before work, I didn't spray the shower down with vinegar water like I usually do, and it stayed white and no buildup after showering. It was only this morning that I started doing that. I think I'll give it just a plain vinegar water cleaning for the rest of this weekend, and save the Scrubbing Bubbles for the beginning of the week so it saves me time getting ready for work.

Comment

Zombie thread!!

Fiance is moving back closer to home for a new job (I'm joining him in May). Our fabulous new apartment won't be ready until next week, so he's been staying with his mom and brother for the past few days. Remember me talking about Thanksgiving in the OP? Those dirty dishes are still sitting on the counter. Needless to say, he's called some friends to stay with until Monday because he was just feeling sick all the time.

Comment

The same dishes? From Thanksgiving? Are still on the counter? As in, un-washed?
          "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
          "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

YUP. Scary, isn't it?

Comment

That's so gross.

On the other hand, I feel so much better now about my ceiling fans that haven't been dusted in a long time.

Comment

I'll admit, I'm not above leaving dirty dishes in the sink for a day or two. Though really, I think most of us do things like that to some extent. It's just me living here, and sometimes it takes a day or two for there to be enough dishes worth filling up the sink for.

But I wouldn't leave them in there for three months. That's just absurd.

Comment

No kidding. I mean, I feel gross when I have a super long week at work and leave dirty tupperware/plates in the sink all week.

Although I rinse everything well before I just let it sit there.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
                    Remember me talking about Thanksgiving in the OP? Those dirty dishes are still sitting on the counter.
                    Oh gods I couldn't imagine letting my dishes sit there for three months. I'll admit that I'm not the cleanest person in the world. Far from it actually. There were a couple times when I was living with my brother that we wouldn't do the dishes for like two weeks at a time. *Shudders* That was bad enough. But to have Thanksgiving dishes still sitting there three months later...

Comment

We sometimes have dogshit on the floor - briefly. Our dog is small, so we use piddle pads. She's beautifully piddle-pad trained, and the piddle pads are in an area I can check frequently. Right near the litter box.
                      Sometimes I'm checking right when she's using the piddle pads; so she gets major praise. And then a fresh set of piddle pads.

But yes, we have serious clutter. And we have help to keep it hygienic: there's no way I would be able to keep up. I've tried. I've pain-crashed. So a very sweet guy from the council comes over once a week and vacuums, sweeps, mops and does the bathroom and loo for us. As long as we keep biological-crud corralled to the kitchen, bathroom, loo (and pet-waste area), we're pretty okay hygiene wise.

And we're slowly working on the clutter.

Comment

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
                        I'll admit, I'm not above leaving dirty dishes in the sink for a day or two. Though really, I think most of us do things like that to some extent.

We do the same thing. Sometimes, I just do not feel like doing the dishes. I tend to vacuum the floor every Saturday. I know, I should do it more, but I don't. I am actually going to dust and vacuum tomorrow. Plus I have my art that I do and different projects like that

Comment

Working...
                        X