Android straight talk commercials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android straight talk commercials

I'm not sure if this goes here, please move if necessary.

I'm sure a lot of you have seen the android commercials, the ones that show people acting like total EW assholes just because they have new phones. And they laugh it off and act like it's normal and ok for them to do that while everyone else looks at them and wonders "what the fuck is wrong with you?!" The latest one with the lady that wanted to buy the crown jewels, I just wanted to slap her. Anyone else hate these commercials?
    "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Oh God, I hate that commercial. Gee, let's show how we're all considered ignorant asses overseas and laugh it off for our commercial.

Bah.
    I has a blog!

Comment

This is one of those times where I'm glad I don't watch commercial TV. Although, some of the commercials on Hulu are incredibly stupid and annoying, too. >_<

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
        This is one of those times where I'm glad I don't watch commercial TV.
        I don't either, but I work in an electronics department, and the "crown jewels" one is in the rotation on our giant wall of TV displays.

I get to hear it about every 15 minutes throughout my day.

Though personally, I more hate this recent tend of mauling language by hyphenating an entire phrase to fit it into a tagline. Like in this particular ad. "The I-now-think-I-can-buy-the-crown-jewels-because-I'm-feeling-richer Effect". And Krogers had a similar series of ads when I worked there. I don't remember the specifics, but they were all in the form of "Passes the (insert-a-whole-hyphenated-phrase-here) test".
        "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
        TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
          This is one of those times where I'm glad I don't watch commercial TV. Although, some of the commercials on Hulu are incredibly stupid and annoying, too. >_<

^-.-^
          Yeah, I don't either, and I bet I know what Hulu ad you're talking about. The Droid ads that make it look like some plotless James Bond film about...what?

Completely asinine. It's like an eight year old boy threw together everything he could think of that he thinks is "cool" or "badass."

Comment

The lame superspy Droid ads are stupid, but not particularly annoying. The Target Black Friday commercials and the current Best Buy 'smug bitch' Christmas commercials are far higher on the making me want to find some way to actually fast forward through them annoying scale.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
            X