forgetting things/having to depend on others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forgetting things/having to depend on others

*This isn't so much about the CDs as it is having to depend on others for things that I can't always get sorted out for myself*

To make it short - we went up to our cabin in northern Arizona back in mid-September, I had taken some of my CDs with me, and forgot to check to make sure I had them in my suitcase before we left. I was rather annoyed with myself for forgetting to pack them, especially since I can't drive up there myself, and we don't plan regular trips, I had no way of knowing when I would get them back. (my mom kept telling me that I did NOT need to buy new copies, someone would go up there soon and bring them back for me)

Turns out, my sister and her husband went up there for Thanksgiving, they found my CDs and brought them back, but won't bring them over my house.....supposedly they keep forgetting (and have gotten snarky about it), I've reminded them nicely several times, and because it's not that easy for me to get to their house, I've decided to just go ahead and buy replacement copies. (I would burn copies from library stuff, except most of these are CDs which we don't carry)

*I should probably also add that I've had this problem with them before - my sister's husband was nice enough to work on my old laptop for free, but I eventually had to get over to their house to get it back, because they kept forgetting)

That recently happened to my wife and I. We both graduated school as Medical Assistants. We also had to move back to Ohio for a few months. And we made a graduation video for us and we were nice enough to make a copy for a classmate of ours, that had to move to Texas. Well made the copy and just moved here to Ohio. During the time from getting it made, shipping our car here and packing. We had just plain out forgot to send it. Our classmate started bitching my wife out about it.

Well shit, glad that you never forget to do things. Jackass. <----- not for the OP, but for the classmate in my story

Comment

Well, I definitely try not to be annoying about reminding people about things, and I can understand being busy and occasionally forgetting.........but when I have to mention something several times, and the other person gets mad at me about it, then it gets frustrating for me. (Not sure if how I worded that makes sense)

Comment

The thing is that he never did remind us about it.

Comment

Working...
        X