No announcement yet.

I'm Mean And A Grinch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The boyfriend and I gave our bosses small gifts this year. But we did it as a personal thing and waited till most of the rest of the place had gone for the day. Plus, our bosses are good people, and they have done a lot for the both of us, both professionally and personally.

When the hat goes around, though, it very much depends on who it's going around for. Most of the time, I don't put anything in. The majority of my co-irkers really don't associate with me unless they have to, and considering why they're like that, that's fine with me.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I get what you guys mean.

Personally, the woman makes my work weeks a living Hell. I'm wondering how she'll react when she finds out I was the only one who didn't donate.

Meh, she can't really hurt me anymore than she already has.

Comment

Do you think she'll even be told?

Rapscallion
        Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
        Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

I'm sure the asskissers will make sure she knows.

And Blas, you don't owe anyone anything, including an explanation!

Comment

Count me in on those who thinks you're within your rights to decline your co-irkers' requests for donations. Asking me if I'm interested in participating is one thing, but I find badgering for handouts to be very off putting. If I say no, then rest assured that's my final answer. We don't do this at my workplace. If we do anything at all, we just draw names. Our manager usually gets each employee a small gift of appreciation. The last couple of years, I've done something small for coworkers since I generally get along with my coworkers. Last year, I made batches of instant Russian tea mix for each coworker. I can't afford to do much, and I don't expect anything in return for what I give.

Comment

I will sometimes give out little trinkets. This year I might do the candy cane & pipe cleaner reindeer again.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
              X