I Am Such a Good Person!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Am Such a Good Person!

I posted on Facebook a status something like, "Bye-bye Kim Jong-Il, see you in Hell!" Immediately I get several friends saying things like, "I never take pleasure in the death of another human being" etc. (all the sorts of things people said after Osama bin Laden's death).

Well, you know what? The world is better off without some people. I do take pleasure when truly bad people die, and I don't care who knows it. I'm not going to arm up and march out Punisher-style to kill them, but when humanity is finally rid of them I'm not going to feel sad.

Honestly, the world isn't better off without Kim Jong-Il and North Korea certainly isn't better off. His youngest son, groomed by the military leaders, will take his place and business will carry on in much the same fashion as it always has. The citizenry there have been so brainwashed into a certain way of thinking that there's no hope for revolution from the inside and big brother China makes sure that none of the outside world tries to intervene.

I do get what your saying, and I certainly shed no tears of the death of tyrants. But tyranny itself does not die with the perpetrators.

Comment

Well, I DON'T celebrate someone's death. I don't think that's a good thing that someone had to die. That said, I AM happy that he's not gonna be able to hurt anyone else. I am not sure how much this will change anything. I think it's better off without him, and some people do need to die. I just don't celebrate that.
      "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
      ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
        Well, I DON'T celebrate someone's death. I don't think that's a good thing that someone had to die. That said, I AM happy that he's not gonna be able to hurt anyone else. I am not sure how much this will change anything. I think it's better off without him, and some people do need to die. I just don't celebrate that.
        Exactly. I had the same attitude about Osama bin Laden. I wasn't happy he was killed, but I was happy that he can no longer plot the deaths of thousands of innocent people. One of my best friends was so pissed at me over it that we fought and now no longer talk. Whatever, don't be happy that terrorism has one less scumbag who enjoys the death of innocent people.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I wasn't on the bandwagon of the FB "Hahah see you in Hell Osama!" crowd, but it irritated me how holier than thou others were with their "I don't celebrate death. This is not peace" blahblah.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
            " This is not peace" blahblah.
            My answer to this has always been: "First Justice. Then Peace"

Comment

I'll admit that part of me wants to celebrate the death of a horrible person. However, another part of me starts to scold myself for celebrating the death of another person.

Still, I can understand the irritation at the smarmy holier-than-thou attitudes that some people can display over this. Yeah, when Osama Bin Laden was killed, it was the death of a human life. However, it was the death of a human who dedicated his life to taking other human lives by the thousands. Excuse me if part of me wants to celebrate.

I know this is less serious, but I used to see this on CS quite a bit. Someone would post a work rant in which they either called an SC a horrible name or admitted to snapping at an SC. Inevitably, someone would reply with "Let me just say that I am ALWAYS polite and professional with customers even when they are rude." Yeah, okay, we'll get you a metal.

Comment

their "I don't celebrate death. This is not peace" blahblah.
                It is if the death eliminates a noisy, bloody problem. Shitbag's on a killing spree. Innocent blood being shed. Shitbag eliminated. No more innocent blood being shed.

That might not be peace, but it's a start. At leaast THAT guy will be done killing innocent people.

Sorry, but if I have to choose between having a killer eliminated and having multiple innocent victims eliminated, I'll take the killer being eliminated every single time.

And I'm not going to pretend I don't feel okay with that either.

Comment

Yeah, but there's a difference between feeling ok with that and with celebrating it.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I celebrate it.

I also think that is is right and proper for me to celebrate it.

Comment

but it irritated me how holier than thou others were with their "I don't celebrate death. This is not peace" blahblah.
                      people that don't celebrate death have apparently never been to an Irish wake. Also I wonder why most christians don't celebrate death, I mean, if I believed in a wonderful place free of pain and misery, and full of joy and happiness, why exactly should I be despondent over a loved one going there?
                      Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
                        people that don't celebrate death have apparently never been to an Irish wake.
                        That's not celebrating a person's death. That's a celebration of a person's life and a remembrance. It's an expression of love.

Celebrating the fact that a person is now dead is an act of hatred.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

to add my two scents,
                          YES its bad when someone dies
                          HOWEVER as stated in the OP...some people do deserve it so why can people just let it go or not say anything?
                          When Saddam died i said nothing. When Osama was found and killed I said nothing. Same with Kim Jong. mostly because i know to keep my thoughts to myself. That and because saying anything around here is asking for input regardless if i want it

the person is dead, i see no reason to rejoice except if its the kind of funeral that we are supposed to rejoice because they are in a happier place kind of thing but even then....
                          Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
                          Yeah we're so over, over
                          Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

Comment

Also I wonder why most christians don't celebrate death, I mean, if I believed in a wonderful place free of pain and misery, and full of joy and happiness, why exactly should I be despondent over a loved one going there?
                            This guy wasn't a loved one, nor do most people celebrating his death expect he's gone to Heaven. Just the opposite on both counts.

I can't be glad he's dead on the basis of the world's being better without him, because as others have said, it isn't. Chances are at least even that things will be even worse. And if he has indeed gone to Hell, well, that's nothing to celebrate either. It's sad that anybody would be in a condition to go there, and I wouldn't want to be the sort of person who revels in others' torment. (Which isn't to say I'd feel the same if he'd done to me or to those I know what he's done to his own people. I hope never to find out, and have never claimed to be perfect in any case.)
                            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

He wasn´t talking about Kim Jong Il specifically, but about christian funerals in general.

As for that questions. I have always been told that the funeral isn´t for the deceased. But for the people still alive who will miss them.

Comment

Working...
                              X